fifteen.

03 January 2019
the last day

i clutched the brown envelope that was rested in front of me ever tightly. wooseok was still on a deep slumber and i didn't want to wake him up before i left. the thought of seeing him with his beautiful eyes connected to mine scared me a lot.

i know deep within me that i'd always go back to his arms in every matter of time. the mere idea of him resembled the waves— that i was a boat in the middle of an island and he was the one to sweep me away.

the divorce papers remained untouched as i gripped the pen on my hand. i had thought about this all night and there was no other way i'd hold back anymore. letting go like this would be better than having to face him and regretting every single thing once again.

wooseok fed my whole soul with all the good things that the entirety of mankind could ever think of.

but if i kept holding onto his hand, he'd keep twisting my mind into thinking that he was the man i'd ever want to love, my encompassing version of something perfect— a little too perfect.

so i deeply sighed, ignoring the tears that were starting to wet the paper. with my trembling hands, i planted my signature on the multiple pages. finally, i was on the edge of the pain.

our marriage was over, just like us.