thirteen.

02 January 2019
00:00:00

his were the eyes that i loved the most.

when i looked at them, it felt like i was getting lost in space. they were beautiful marbles of hazel brown, and the rings on his irises were like angels' halos. they held millions of stories waiting to be told.

i wonder if one of those stories he'd tell in the future would include our tragic love story.

soon, this man lying beside me would be in the embrace of someone else- bearing two wonderful sons and a beautiful daughter, just like how he had always planned for us.

i knew it wasn't too late for him. once i let go of his soft hands, everyone else would be racing to have him, and he would be able to choose the best woman for himself- a woman way better than i was.

and when that time comes, i would be on my usual seat, sipping on the same coffee, writing with the same pen the same letters and storing them all in the same folders, just the same old routine.

but i'd be an independent woman who had learned that love was something that also meant pain- and pain was something that demanded to be felt. i would be someone who grew something out of a broken heart.

and when that time comes, i could tell myself that i did the right thing- to make the man i loved happy.

i was finally ready to let him go.