fourteen.

02 January 2019
00:00:00

her eyes were the most beautiful thing about her.

hers were the same eyes that stared right into me, the same pair of eyes which looked at me as the worthiest person i could be. it was only those eyes- those eyes that had the power to make me say the unsaid words and emotions that i kept in the darkest corners of my soul.

and i couldn't figure whether one of those unsaid feelings included what i thought was an empty garden that suddenly started to grow its own flowers again.

in no time, this woman in my arms would be in the arms of somebody else, travelling miles and miles across the world and sharing the luxury of one another, just like how she had always planned for us.

she was ethereal, and no man would ever let the chance to love such a beautifully crafted art pass by. one day, she would be able to find a man that could make her happy more than i did.

and when that time comes, i would be in the same dark and empty room, rehearsing the same sickening melody i would eventually get tired of, taking the same steps that had led me to my choices, dancing to the same insincere song over and over.

haerin wouldn't be there to come home to, no haerin to wake up to, no haerin to drink coffee with, no more haerin to shower me with all the love and care i used to get from her- no more haerin to keep me going for every single minute of my life.

no more haerin.

and when that time comes, i would only be shedding tears in the empty bed as regret endlessly consumed what was left of me- that i abandoned the woman i loved and promised to love the most.

i couldn't let her go.