Chapter 8

250 reads?! Okay, guys I see you ;) Hope you all enjoy...

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Percy

   "Hell yeah!" I shouted as Annabeth pulled another packet of blue gummy bears out of her bag. Within minutes, I had the whole package empty.

I already ate two hamburgers, a two packets of gummy bears, a large bag of potato chips, and a slice of Pizza. And I was just getting started. Annabeth completed her first burger and was now working on a king sized Hershey Bar.

   We were sitting in her kitchen, completely going to town on our bags of food. While a little small, the kitchen was exactly what I would have pictured as Annabeth's style. All of the appliances were stainless steal, and the countertops and cabinets were white. The whole room was impeccable and neat, unlike my place.

   "Where does all that food go?" Annabeth asked at me in disbelief, her grey eyes wide with wonder.

   I rubbed my growling stomach, "I don't know. All I know is I'm still hungry."

   When Annabeth completed another candy bar, she groaned, "I don't feel so good, Percy." She stood up and almost fell over. I put my arm under her shoulder and tried to support her weight.

   "I'm fine. Let me go," she mumbled weakly. I hesitated but slowly untangled my arm from hers. Then, she tipped over and fell on the kitchen floor. I couldn't help but erupt in laughter. Leave it to Annabeth to be the only girl I knew that would fall into a food coma after just a hamburger and chocolate bar.

    "Okay, I need to take a photo of this. We can take photos whenever we complete something on the list," I smiled as I pull my phone out and turn on the camera. Then, I pointed my lense at an angle where you could see us both.

  Finally I decided to help her up. "Come on, Annabeth," I said. When I leaned over to check on her, I realized she was already asleep.

"Great," I muttered. I grabbed her by her waist and threw her over my shoulders like a potato sack. Good thing I had shoulders like a swimmer, and that Annabeth couldn't be more than 130 pounds. I carrier her to the living room couch; there was no way I was going to try to explain to Athena why I had an unconscious Annabeth on my shoulders in her bedroom.

My thoughts were interrupted when I got a text from my mom to come home. I laid her down on the couch and pulled a blanket out from a basket nearby. Then I tucked her in under the thick quilt and gathered my things to leave.

Right as I was about to leave the front door, she woke up. "Percy?" She asked.

I step back to the living room, "Hey, Im about to leave. My mom needs me at home," I ran my hand through my hair, not quite sure what to do.

"Oh," a quick look of disappointment crossed her face, "okay, I'll text you later."

"Bye, Annabeth," I said.

✰✰✰

   "Percy, where were you?" My mom asked as I entered my apartment.

   "I was at Annabeth Chase's place," I replied casually even though I knew a hundred questions were about to be thrown my way.

   "Why Annabeth?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

   "We're just friends, mom. Actually, I don't even know if we're friends. She hates me," I sighed, taking a seat next to her on the kitchen island.

   "Rough day?" She questioned as she ran her fingers through my hair, "I have some blue cookies to cheer you up."

   "Thanks mom," I kissed her cheek as I grabbed 3 from the stack. My mom was always looking out for me, and she always knew just what to say when I need it. Although I tried not to admit it, I was a complete mama's boy. Well, man, (I was 18 now) but you get what I'm saying.

   "I have some good news though," she said, suddenly getting that nervous look on her face that she had on this morning.

   "What is it?" I asked, curiously. I was really in need of some good news right now. Today was horrible. I was almost certain that I failed every test I took. Recently I haven't even been starting any questions until last minute because I always felt so helpless to start.

   "Paul's in the other room. I'll go get him so we can both tell you."

   I know what you're thinking: I thought your dad's name was Poseidon?

  It happened to be a long story, but to tell you the basics: Poseidon left us. He left my mom and I with no explanation one day. Only Grover, my best friend, knew.

   I guess I shouldn't say no warning. After he lost that CEO job to Annabeth's mom, he started acting really distant. My parents kept getting in fights, and Poseidon would leave often and only come back after multiple days gone. One night he left permanently.

Annabeth probably wondered why I hated her so much. I was so cold to her the rest of that year, but Grover helped me out of my mess. I finally started to be me again. Then I became even happier when my mom finally met someone who was perfect: Paul. They've been together for a few years now, and she's never been happier. I tried to mend things with Annabeth before, but she's absolutely hated me ever since.

   That's why I promised to myself to do my best to make up everything to Annabeth. Maybe this time I could make things right. Maybe this time I could fix what I did to her.

   Now you're probably wondering how we've hid the whole Paul and Poseidon situation for so long. Well, I never have people over anymore, and I make sure I don't get too close with people to where they would want to know all about my family. Yes, I have friends that I talk to and hang out with, but I don't let a lot of people see the actual me. Besides, it's easier to act like you don't actually care.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Don't forget to like, comment, or follow me!

Comment your favorite cheat day food (mine is dove chocolate and kit-kats) if you're still reading my silly notes. I love you.

Hope you all enjoyed the new chapter.