EPILOGUE

Guys, it's here. The long awaited EPILOGUE. I didn't know when the right time to post this was, but then I realized it was literally RIGHT in front of me. New Year's Eve, when Annabeth and Percy kissed for the first time. Also, it's New Year's Eve literally today....so it's kind of perfect.

THIS TAKES PLACE 7 MONTHS AFTER THE ORIGINAL END, WHEN ANNABETH IS BACK IN TOWN FOR CHRISTMAS.

This is a LONGGGG chapter (4000+ words say what?) It took me forever to write, so I hope you enjoy 💙

ALSO, THERE IS AN EXERPT FROM MY NEW BOOK AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER. PLEASE STICK AROUND TO READ

Make sure to vote and comment to show support : )

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

ANNABETH
NEW YEAR'S EVE: DECEMBER 31, 2019

"Annabeth, come on!" exclaimed Piper furiously. Even though we were only talking on the phone, I could almost hear the irritated expression she had plastered on her face.

Those three words sounded vaguely familiar to me. I was then reminded of right before Jason's party over a year ago, and I had grudgingly obliged. This year I refused to go if he went.

"Sorry," I said. A few seconds later, I added, "Not really."

Before I could apologize for being so sarcastic, I heard an angry breath and a small beep, signaling the end of our call. I laughed loudly as I threw my phone into my carry-on bag. It was New Year's Eve, which meant Christmas was over, and I was preparing for a long flight back to California.

Behind me, I heard my door creak open. I knew who it was before I turned. "Mom," I breathed.

She was the second person I most missed from New York. The first...well, we don't talk about him anymore.

"Are you sure you want to go early? I just got an angry call from Piper, telling me to force you to go," she said, sitting on the foot of my bed and gesturing for me to join her.

"No mom," I said, turning my gaze so I didn't have to look into her calculating eyes. Though she had the same eyes I saw every time I looked into the mirror, hers seemed so much older, so much wiser than mine. I was just a young college kid with no clue what to do with my life. A year ago, high school Annabeth knew what she was doing. She knew her goals and the actions needed to be taken to reach them. College Annabeth...not so much.

"Why? Is it Percy?" she asked, uttering his name for the first time in months.

Though my heartbreak over him had run its course, hearing his name in this house cut through a few old scars. My heart rate sped up just thinking about his windswept, jet black hair along with those sea green eyes that had once cast a spell on me.

No, I told myself. You have Luke now. You're so in love with him.

Luke went to Goode like the rest of my friends, but we hadn't really gotten close until meeting at Stanford, where we bonded over our high school days. Though he didn't know, Luke indirectly healed me of the wounds caused by Percy.

"No, mom," I said feebly, still not meeting her eyes. I knew it was obvious I was lying, but I felt too weak to try to convince her otherwise.