Chapter 27

50k likes! Almost to the 75k goal! LET'S Go. Also, if you haven't liked it, you can't read this chapter yet, so I recommend you go like it RIGHT NOW.

Hey everyone...Happy Friday! I hope you all had a good week. What's better than to end the school week with Percabeth?

Enjoy!!!

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰ ✰✰

Annabeth

Gym class was the worst.

I'd had my fair share of horrible and difficult classes, but gym had to be the worst. It even topped AP Chemistry in the most dreaded block on my schedule. For starters, Gleeson Hedge, the teacher (and my track coach), made us to the weirdest activities. Instead of basketball, baseball, or kickball, we did acrobats and Pilates. To make matters worse, he took it upon himself to be our instructor. 

"Alright, cupcakes," Coach Hedge addressed us. "After our intense tumbling lessons yesterday, I figured you guys could use some free time. There are balls outside, and you can walk around the track if you guys want."

The class cheered in excitement for the next hour of Hedge-free gym class. Although he only measured up to 5 feet, he still scared the heebie-jeebies out of everyone. For instance, if someone couldn't touch his or her toes, Hedge would bring out his good (and only) friend, his baseball bat.

"Let's just walk the track," Piper said as we met up outside. It was slightly windy out, but it was perfect weather other than that. The sky was a brilliant shade of blue, and the weather was around a comfortable 70 degrees.

I nodded in agreement as we strolled over to the large asphalt track. Recently, they poured in a new track for the school, and I was absolutely in love with it. Running on it felt like a dream.

"So," Piper started, "I heard you and Percy made up." She gave me a sideways glance as we finally stepped on to the 400-meter circle.

"Yeah, I think we did," I said, not even bothering to mask my relief. In all honesty, last week had been one of the worst weeks of my high school career. It was a huge reprieve to get the drama over with Percy.

"Okay, I have news. I'm not supposed to tell you anything yet because Jason wants to keep it on the down-low. But you're my best friend, so you don't count!" Piper suddenly blurted as she fidgeted with one of the braids that was lying on her chest.

"Really? What is it?" I asked, feigning curiosity. I had a pretty good idea of what the news was going to be.

"Jason and I are official!" She squealed.

"Oh my God!" I shouted. I hugged her in excitement, and we jumped for joy. I was truly ecstatic for her. If anyone deserved to be happy, it was Piper.

"What's going on?" I heard a voice from behind us. Before I pulled away, I knew exactly who it was.

"Percy, it's none of your business," Piper stuck her tongue out at the black-haired boy standing in front of us. He was holding a large ball in one hand, already sweaty from playing soccer with Jason inside the track.

Percy faked a hurt look and asked, "Shark week?"

Piper scoffed and punched him on his free arm. He gave us a loud laugh and rolled his eyes. If anything, it made me like him even more. Nothing was better than when your boyfriend and best friend had a reliable, strong relationship. I mean, he wasn't MY boyfriend or anything, but...

Piper said she wanted to go face off against Jason in soccer, grabbed Percy's ball out of his hand, and dribbled back to where Jason was waiting in the field. That left Percy and I alone.