Chapter 17

Guys. We are almost (sorta) at 3k. What the Hades?! I just want to thank everyone who has voted, commented, and kept up with the story. I love you all. Happy Friday! I hope you enjoy the new chapter...      

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

                          Annabeth

     "Are you sure you want to do this, Annabeth?"Piper asked me as she led me to the grand double-doors of her mom's walk-in closet.

I nodded and Piper sighed, entering the combination to get into her mom's closet. The reason the McLeans thought having a lock was necessary was beyond me.

I'd never been in Aphrodite's closet before. I was anticipating something along Khloé Kardashian's walk in they always filmed the show in.

  As soon as Piper flung the doors open, I knew I couldn't have been more wrong.
This closet made the Kardashians look modest. The elaborate shelves were filled with a vast array of ( only designer, of course) hand bags, purses, and backpacks. I figured Givenchy would be jealous of this place. Shoes lined the bottom of the shelves in an orderly fashion, and clothes were hung up on every wall with bright display lights beaming down on them. The column holding the roof up reminded me Parthenon in Greece. It was beautiful.

My jaw dropped. Sure, I'd anticipated a large closet, maybe half the size of my room. But I didn't expect this.

Piper rolled her eyes at my reaction and said, "My mom is so obnoxious." To say Piper and her mom, Aphrodite, had a rocky relationship was an understatement. Her mom was always pressuring her to wear the best clothes or flaunt their wealthiness. Piper did her best to resist it, but there was only so much she could do to defy Aphrodite.

I forced a laugh, "Yeah, it's a little overkill," I agreed. "But perfect for what I need."

"Yeah," she nodded slowly as she searched through the clothes on the farthest wall.

I decided to help Piper find me some clothes to wear for school the next day.

Why was I searching for a ridiculous outfit for the next day?

You guessed it. I put it on that stupid bucket list. No matter how much I wanted to back out, I couldn't. It just wasn't my personality to shy away from a challenge. I would go skydiving, cliff jumping, and river rafting without batting an eye if someone challenged me. Unless, of course, it involved spiders. I shuddered at such a thought.

"Found it!" Piper exclaimed, unhooking a hanger from the top rack. Her eyes gleamed with pleasure and a wide grin was plastered across her face.

Aphrodite kept her closet organized. She didn't only match shoes with the shirt or dress, but she literally created whole outfits and hung them up together. On the hanger that Piper brought out was a lipstick red shade tube top matched with a light denim skirt. Sure, it could have been worse, but I never wore anything like that.

I was more of your typical hoodie and leggings type of person.

"Fine," I grumbled. I knew it wasn't worth fighting over. Also, I kind of wanted to see a person's, who shall remain nameless, reaction. Tomorrow was Friday, and I figured I could wear it to my date with Percy...