Chapter 15

Finally got the second and third book of TOA! Honestly, I started reading the first book and when I realized that Percy was leaving, I stopped reading it. Yikes. But recently I picked it up again, and I'm determined to finish and read the 4th book when it comes out. What really inspired me was learning that Hazel was in the next book. I love that girl!

Anyways, there's some Percabeth coming your way...

ENJOY!

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Annabeth

    "So, what do guys even do when they hang out?" I asked Thalia, who came over to keep me company. We had nothing else to do on a Saturday night and were sitting on the edge of my queen-sized bed.

   "Don't ask me," Thalia shrugged. "I don't even bother with guys. Yuck."

That was an understatement. Thalia had sworn off guys ever since we were in Freshman year. I wondered if she was ever interested in girls, but I was always too scared to ask her about it. Whenever I would bring up the topic of dating, she would immediately close her eyes and plug her ears while screaming, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

Really mature.

   "Percy texted me 'SATURDAYS ARE FOR THE BOYS' when I asked him to hang out. What does that even mean?!" I exclaimed, putting my hand on my forehead. Guys were so difficult.

   "That, my friend, means that guys are absolute idiots," Thalia said plainly while flicking absentmindedly through channels on the tv.

   I rolled my eyes. "Thanks a lot, Thalia."

   "Hey, you know it's true. I love Percy and all, but he's such a..." She frowned, searching for the right word to use.

  "Seaweed Brain," I finished.

  "Exactly! Guys, especially Percy, are so oblivious when you like them," she said, finally landing on an episode of "The Middle."

   "Hey!" I protested, feeling my face heat up a good 100 degrees. "Who said I liked him?"

   "Practically the whole school is talking about it. Also, it's super obvious that you have a major crush on him," Thalia replied. She gently set her hand my arm arm and gave me a sympathetic look like, You like a guy? How Tragic!

  "What? Why? How?" I shouted, acting confused.

The scary truth was that I wasn't confused. I knew exactly how I felt about Percy. I knew that whenever he walked into a room, my day seemed to get a whole lot better. I was also well aware of the butterflies I felt when he looked at me.

But that didn't mean the whole entire population of planet earth had to know.

Okay, maybe I was overreacting a little.

  "Well," she started, "you talk about him all the freaking time. Also, you get this weird look when you see him. Also, you guys kissed. Also-"

   I cut her off. "Also," I said in a mimicking voice, "I hate you." I cursed myself for such a lame comeback. Thalia laughed at my weak attempt.

  "You're so lame." Thalia groaned. "Also, you know what else is lame? This. Let's do something."

"Well Piper said she was bored and wanted to come over, so she's on her way," I replied, as I got my phone out to search for things to do.

As if on cue, the doorbell downstairs rung. I hurried down and let Piper come in.

"Hey! Sorry about the last minute, but Jason randomly texted and cancelled last minute. Something about how Saturdays are for the boys and how I shouldn't reply." She shrugged and followed me to my room.

"Hey Piper, we were just talking about how Annabeth is all google eyed of Percy," Thalia quickly resumed our conversation.

"Oh my God! I know! It's way too obvious you're in love! Call him and ask him out on a date!" Piper exclaimed as she jumped up in down in approval.

"I don't know," I sighed. "Percy said he was busy tonight."

"So? Call him for next weekend or something," Piper said.

"Fine," I gave in, knowing they wouldn't stop bothering me until I did it, but I couldn't pretend I hadn't been tempted to make the first move before. "But that means you have to tell me everything that's going on between you and Jason."

Piper rolled her eyes, "Fine."

I nodded, nervously picking up my phone and dialed Percy's number. I shifted nervously and paced back in forth as the call went through. After 15 seconds, he still didn't pick up, and I could feel my courage decreasing rapidly. I was just about to throw the phone on my bed in frustration when he answered.

"Hello?" He asked and I was tempted to throw my phone for a second time. But then I heard voices in the back yelling and the sound of crashing through the phone.

"Hey, Percy." I said slowly. C'mon, Annabeth. You've got this.

"Hey, Annabeth! I-" He exclaimed. "Leo! Shut up. Guys keep playing without me."

"Hey, I was just wondering if you would like to go out somewhere? Is next Friday okay? You can pick the restaurant," I blurted out before my nerves got the best of me. My stomach was in knots and I could feel my palms getting clammy. I prayed silently that he wouldn't think it was weird that I was asking him out.

"Yes!" He shouted. After realizing his tone, he gave a loud cough. "I mean, yeah sure." I grinned at that.

"Anyways, I've gotta go. The guys are getting annoyed," He added. Behind him, I could here another crash of something breaking.

"You do that," I said. "Bye, Percy." And with that, I hastily hung up.

"Well?" Piper asked. "What did he say?"

"He said yes!" I exaimed, not even caring who heard, because I had a date with Percy Jackson.

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Comment your worst dating story if you're still reading this.

Mine was a relationship with this guy I was with for about a year. Needless to say, it didn't work out. But it was definitely for the best in the end. I'd like to get to know you guys better so comment your worst relationship or dating fail.

It's such a weird question, but I feel like these could get interesting.

Thanks for reading 💓