Chapter 32

Guys! We are literally up another 1000 reads and ranked #1 on the tag: Pipermclean! You all are so amazing ❤️

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Annabeth

I wanted to go home.

No offense to the girls, but I was honestly over this whole prom dress shopping thing. Not only had we been to Dillard's, Macy's, David's Bridal, and a bunch of other designer stores (Picked by Piper's mom, of course), but we had been walking around for what felt like years. Currently we were in some random store Aphrodite found from google maps. It seemed nice enough, though. Expensive dresses lined the walls with price tags that had more zeros than my bank account.

The only person who seemed to be having a worse time than me was Nico. Don't ask me why he came. My best guess was that Aphrodite assumed he would want to have a shopping day with the ladies.

Anyways, he sat in a sofa in the corner, frowning at the bright and sparkly dresses surrounding him. I felt bad for him, but he seemed to be a trooper today and was making the best out of the cards he was dealt.

"This?" Piper asked, unhooking a dress from the rack near her. She pulled out a bright blue dress. It was simple and cute enough, but it just wasn't it for me.

I shrugged in response. She grumbled and placed it back. I guess I should've been easier on her. She'd been trying to help me find a dress for hours now, but I couldn't officially commit to a dress. I always had this problem. My mind usually wandered to the different possibilities, so I had trouble making executive decisions.

The only person who seemed to have as hard as a problem with finding a dress was Thalia. Unlike me, she didn't even try to find any. She would just walk up to a store and say, "Nope. This isn't it." Then, she would sit on a bench outside and wait for us to come out. I had asked her if she was planning on coming. She shrugged in response.

Hazel peaked out from a dressing room curtain nearby. "Guys." She was timidly hidden by a thin sheet of fabric, and her facial expression was excited but nervous at the same time.

She stepped out from behind the curtain, and my jaw dropped.

It was a long, simple dress. It was a bright yellow and had spaghetti straps holding it together with a long slit up the right leg. The beautiful color provided perfect contrast to her dark complexion. Hazel was an absolute goddess.

"Wow, Hazel. That's totally revealing. I love it!" Aphrodite shrieked. That woman was probably way too thrilled about a shopping day with her daughter and her teenage best friends.

Hazel blushed and shrugged at the low V-neck on her dress. Although self-conscious, she still rocked the dress.

"You have to get that," Reyna complimented from the other side of a sale rack. She just purchased her dress from the store before this one. It was also beautiful and represented her perfectly. It was regal, beautiful, and purple. Totally Reyna.

"Frank is going to love it!" Piper agreed, earning a laugh from the room.

Nico, for the first time in the shop, spoke up. "I don't know, Hazel." He had a fatherly look painted on his face with both arms crossed in front of his chest.

Hazel laughed and playfully waved him off. "It's fine, Nico. Frank's a good guy."

Nico snorted. "That's what they say about Percy. We all know he's a complete Jackass."

Everyone's gazes shot to me. "What? Percy's a good guy." I defended my... well I wasn't sure what he was to me. Despite having feelings for that seaweed brain for almost 6 months, I couldn't shake the feeling that he was only acting like he was interested to save my feelings for him. That idiot.