Chapter 19

GUYS. IT'S HERE. I'm so excited to read this!!!!!!

Is anyone else reading TOA? I feel like it's so underrated.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy the new update!

Annabeth

    First dates were the worst. What was I even supposed to talk about? The weather? School? Everything seemed too boring to bring up.

    Percy was supposed to pick me up at 5, which was in twenty minutes, and I was still rooting through my messy closet for something presentable. You would think I would have everything together and organized, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. For my closet, at least.

My bedroom happened to be my favorite place. It was painted light grey and had a minimalist vibe. There were green plants flourishing on my bookshelves and wooden desk, and there was a large white love sac in the corner for binge reading sessions. Overall, you could say my bedroom was put together.

    My closet was a different story.

    It was a compacted space, totally unlike Piper's, and filled with clothes sloppily placed on shelves. Shoes were strewn along the floor, and I could barely shut the doors whenever I tried to close them.

    "Shit!" I exclaimed after another pile of clothes slipped out of my hands, creating an even larger mess. Finally, I grabbed a cream-colored hoodie and a pair of black jeans. Realizing I would freeze in the harsh winter of New York, I threw on a jean jacket.

    I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Suddenly, I felt self-conscious knowing I was about to see Percy in a few minutes. I probably didn't dress up enough for the occasion, but I decided it would have to do. I could just imagine his sea-green eyes on mine. The thought made my heart leap.

    Then, I heard a knock on the door from below. I hastily slipped on my Vans and sprinted to open it.

    "Hey, Annabeth. You look...great," Percy hesitated. He was fidgeting with the strings on his hoodie nervously.

    "Thanks...you too," I smiled at him, grabbing his hand. While Percy was just complimenting me to be nice, I meant what I said. He was wearing faded black jeans paired with a red Goode High School sweatshirt. Percy seemed to adjust to the colder weather and added a black leather jacket on top. He looked adorable.

    Percy's green eyes shimmered with glee. He said, "After you madam." He led me to his Prius and opened the passenger side for me. I gave him a shy smile in appreciation.

    As we pulled out of the lot, my nerves started to return. Percy always had me on edge, and made me so nervous.

    "So," I started, hoping it would calm my pounding heart, "where is the famous Percy Jackson taking us tonight?"

    "Well, I have an evening worthy of the gods planned out," he said vaguely. He glanced slightly in my direction and smiled. To put it lightly, he melted my heart.

    After about 15 minutes, we arrived at our first place. I glanced at the exterior. It was a white painted restaurant with bright blue painted trim and doors. The sign in the front said, "Grecian Café."