Chapter 10: a Princess and her Prince

Fane had decided to help Karin back to where she was staying. The two had officially made each other acquaintances, names and all. 

She was a wonderful girl. Pretty too, with large brown phoenix shaped eyes and a cute choppy short hair that framed her face and clear porcelain skin. They talked as he rode her back on his horse. Along the way he figured that she was not from the Isle's, she seemed far too fascinated with the palm trees after all. It made him wonder why she was here.

Eventually, she showed him to a small farm, and he helped her off the horse. At this point, Fane was likely to say his farewell and leave the girl alone now that she was safe. But then he met someone, someone who would change his life forever. 

He heard a shout and then turned to find the most peculiar girl he had ever seen. Her hair was a rather dirty blonde, almost muddy, and her face looks like it had lived in the suns glow. Her face was long, which was even more pronounced by the glowering look she had on. She was also rather short; Fane was at least a foot and a half taller than her which was odd even for him.

But it was her round eyes that were the most striking. 

They were such a pale blue, and yet so bright. He had never seen a glacier, but if he had, he imagined that it would be the same colour as her eyes. She shouted at him again "Take two steps back if you don't want to get hurt."

Was she - was she threatening him? "Pira he was just..." Karin tried to say.

So Pira was her name. For some reason, It ringed a bell. "I don't care what he was doing, all I know is that hes going to leave," Pira said, now holding a sword... had that been there a minute ago "or else."

Fane let go of Karin "now why don't we calm down and talk this over like civilised people."

"I don't want to talk; I just want you to leave."

"I was just escorting Karin here, in order to ensure..."

"You told him your name," Pira yelled, now holding her sword about level with his stomach. Karin looked slightly sheepish as she chewed her bottom lip.

"How could you be so stupid Karin," Pira said.

Fane was starting to get impatient. "I mean to tell this prince your name; you put us in jeopardy."

Wait, what, Fane thought. How did she guess? "How do you know I'm a prince.

"There aren't a lot of half-elves and not any who live this far south except Argon's son." Pira said, "You should think about covering your ears; they are a tad too pointy to be human."

"And you dare to threaten royalty."

"Would you rather I have curtsied."

The two stared each other down before Pira gave him one last wining. Fane made sure that Karin was at a safe distance before pulling out his sword and getting into a fighting stance. He saw Pira smirk, that smirk could make veteran guards wet themselves. And then the two ran each at each other. Their swords clashed. They fought for a few moments before she managed to block an attack from above they finally had a moment to stare at each other before he could see a wicked glint in Pira's eyes.

"Your father must be so proud of you" Fane sneered.

"He sure is," Pira said before he felt the pain in his groin from a knee. He drooped to the ground to see Pira above him "you should know that my father taught me that."

"You hurt my friend and I'll do far worse to you," Pira said now leaning on her sword as if it were a cane.

~