-ˏˋ ᴏɴᴇ ˎˊ˗

❝ sᴛᴏᴘ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀᴠᴇʀᴛ
ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ!❞

a hundred and forty years ago

The meteor hit the ground and caused a loud explosion, blowing ash into the air and created a strong wind, which blew away any object nearby. The flaming rocks broke off and bounced on the ground, rolling down the hills and stopping at the edge of the cliff. The villagers that were present in their houses, unaware that something was coming their way, all ran to their windows, crying out as their houses starting catching on fire. They grabbed their most precious belongings and rushed to the doors, trying to escape the unfortunate situation. But the doors were blocked by massive solid blocks, making it impossible to break through. Screams were heard as the fire made its way through the houses, burning down each and every one of them to the ground, along with the residents.

Only three families were able to leave their houses, thanking the fact that they lived in a more isolated part of the village. They ran away from the smokey area and covered their mouths, attempting to block out the dust. The sky was a lighter colour than before, since the sun was now rising, and the survivors turned around to catch one last glimpse of their beloved home. As they stared at the light brown house, it got engulfed in flames and blew out in different directions. The father of one of the families, the only one who had lived there his entire life, fell to the ground, clutching onto his chest in pain as he saw his 40 years of hard work collapse to the ground within seconds. The rest of the family huddled around him, wrapping their arms over him to transfer some heat and calm him down. They didn't know where that meteor came from, or why they never got warned by the astrologists. But they did learn one thing. That the meteor brought one more thing other than destruction.

present time

Mark Lee was not a shy person. He wasn't someone who would be nervous whilst doing something incredibly scary, and definitely would never let people see that he was vulnerable. However, just this once, Mark let it happen. He was sweating uncontrollably, making his hands damp and the letter he had in it got a little limp. He kept clearing his throat, since there was a constant feeling of his dinner creeping up there, and he could barely keep his breathing stable. Mark was on his way to the back of the school, doing the most anime-like thing he had ever done, if you don't include joining the basketball team to impress the girls and eating alone at lunch to give off cool vibes.

What Mark was going to do at the back of the school was basically give away his last bit of pride. He always dreamt that one day, when he walks over to his locker to take his shoes out, a small letter, covered with red hearts and minature handwriting would flutter out. It would land in Mark's hands and he would let out a soft "Oh?". A small gasp from behind the lockers cabinet would be heard and Mark would ignore it, so that the person there wouldn't feel pressurised. Then, Mark would open the letter turning red by its contents. A girl would confess that she was the one who wrote the love letter. He would pretend to be shocked, even though he knew it was coming, as her eyes would never leave him whilst he was training. But that day never came, and so, Mark had to reverse it from a shoujo to a romance anime.

He let out a shaky breath as the girl he had been crushing on since 5th grade walked out, looking around gently, allowing the wind to brush through her hair and reveal her high cheekbones. Ever time Mark lay his eyes on her, his heart would stop beating for a second, and he was sure that he was going to die one day because of her. The girl finally saw Mark and smiled sweetly at him, giving a slow wave and practically skipped towards him. She greeted him and then tilted her head, causing her bangs to shift on her forehead, covering the top of her eyes. Mark licked his dry lips, unable to tear his eyes away from her face and then lowered his head. He stretched his hand out to her and whispered a small confession, internally hoping that she didn't hear him.