-ˏˋ ғɪᴠᴇ ˎˊ˗

❝ʏᴏᴜ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs
ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴋɪᴅs,
ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴀɴsᴡᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ  ❞

Mark sighed as he stared at the ceiling above him, a strange grey colour covered the corners, and he could tell that the room wasn't looked after that well. His mind kept wandering off to his parents, and he of course kept bursting into tears at the thought that they no longer knew him, but he wanted to forget. After begging Jaemin for an hour to get rid of his own memories about his parents, Jaemin refused, and gave a stupid excuse of how Mark should use every memory related to his parents as a lesson. Not that it was ever going to help him.

Mark shuffled on his bed until he finally reached the end, and quickly jumped off it, trying to get rid of the comfort he had, and wanting to convert his sadness into curiosity and explore the house. From the outside, it looked pretty small, but as soon as he entered, the hallways never seemed to end. Mark threw the blanket over his body and stuffed his feet into the slippers Renjun provided him. He limped over to the door, opening it slowly, because he didn't want to cause any noise and inform the others that he was leaving his room, and then started his journey.

He would always see big houses in animes, all fancy, with a butler and the people would be wearing suits. Yet in this house, there was no butler with a random towel thrown over his arm, and the kids didn't really wear suits but instead they wore jeans and oversized hoodies. Mark chewed on the corner of the blanket and he made his way down the hallways grimacing as his slippers made a loud squeaky noise now and then. He didn't want to make the others aware of his movement, since he didn't want to see any of them at the moment.

Mark stopped when he saw a door with the label 'library' on it. He tilted his head in confusion, as normal houses don't really have libraries, but then again no one in this house was normal, and then reached out to open the door. He swiftly got through, closing the door behind himself, and then took a deep breath, inhaling the sweet smell of books. People thought Mark wouldn't be a fan of books, which is strange since he's basically addicted to comics and mangas, but he was in fact in love with books. Whenever his parents would leave him at home, he would follow in Matilda's footsteps, not literally, and search for books in his house. After managing to somehow finish reading Withering Heights, Mark started his weird obsession with books.

"Let's see." Mark whispered to himself, letting go of the blanket, so that it was hanging by his shoulders, and then brushed his fingertips across the spines of the book. All of them he had already read, so Mark sighed and continued walking down the aisle, surprised that there were so many.

"What're you looking for specifically?" A voice asked from the end of the aisle. Mark snapped his head to the left and relaxed as he saw Donghyuck leaning against the wooden shelf. "Hey."

"Hi, and uh...I don't know, anything really." Mark replied, slowly walking over to Donghyuck, feeling a bit awkward since he had just randomly walked into someone's library without asking.

"You don't have to feel awkward by the way." Donghyuck said once Mark reached his side. The two began to walk over to the sofas positioned nears the center of the room, and Mark randomly picked up a book he saw on the table, internally sighing as he realised that it was one he had already read. Donghyuck dropped onto one of the sofas and then pat the seat next to him for Mark, who followed him and sat down. "I heard from Jeno what happened, I'm really sorry about that."

"It's...okay I guess." Mark replied, opening the book to a random page, and reading one of the lines. He scanned the page, groaning as he realised that it was the part when the boy in the story comes across his dead parents and falls to the ground in sadness. Mark quickly skipped the part and bit onto his bottom lip.