-ˏˋ ᴛᴡᴏ ˎˊ˗

❝ᴍᴀʀᴋ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
ғᴇᴇʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ?❞

Five year old Mark was running on a hill, his cheeks raised as high as they could, blinding his eyes, which were squinting, and he threw his hands up in the air. The wind blew through his clothes, making them expand and he looked like a balloon. A small rock was on the ground, one that Mark couldn't see, and he ran straight towards it. The rock poked through Mark's shoe and he tripped forwards, crying out in pain. He rolled down the hill, as the dirt from the ground rubbed against his once white shirt.

He finally reached the bottom, when a hand touched his head and brought his face into a chest. Mark sobbed loudly as he clung onto the shirt of his older brother, Taeyong. The two stayed in their place, as Mark continued to cry. His knees were bleeding and the smile on his face was long gone. Taeyong pat his head and rubbed his back, whispering to him that he was now okay.

"Be careful next time." Taeyong said, pulling away from the hug and wiping away the tears on Mark's cheeks. Although their age difference wasn't that big, Taeyong always treated Mark like a baby, even when he turned ten. It was Mark's tenth birthday when their parents told them to stop playing outside and come indoors, since it was raining outside. Mark remembers how he huffed and kept whining about how he really wanted it to snow and not rain. He also remembers the way their neighbour's child, the one who for some weird reason hated their family, stuck out his tongue and called Mark names.

It was still raining outside, and suddenly, at the start of August, a snow flake fell from the sky. Everyone watched as more snow piled up and slowly it was building up. Mark shrieked out of happiness and ran out, tapping Taeyong's arm and yelling out cries of happiness. Taeyong smiled at his younger brother, and leaned on the back garden door. But his happiness didn't last long. The same neighbor poked his head over the fence and started saying things to Mark. He joked around about how Mark wasn't like the rest of them, and that he was stupid. Taeyong frowned as he watched his younger brother cower away from the fence and try to hide his tears, so that he wouldn't get teased for it.

The wind fastened and the snow got heavy. The neighbours kid didn't stop insulting Mark, and Taeyong couldn't do anything, since he knew that if he told the kid off, his parents would make their lives a hell. Mark sniffled and pat his snowman, smiling sadly at it as he tried to ignore the kid. Just then, a loud noise was heard, and a bright flash occured. Taeyong shut his eyes close, bringing his arms to his face and protecting himself. The sound made their parents all rush to the garden to see what had happened.

Mark lay on the floor, hair standing up and his eyes half open. Taeyong ran to Mark, tears already falling. The snow changed to rain and everything melted. Their parents picked their son up and rushed to the hospital. It was amazing that Mark managed to survive a strike from lightning. He had a mark on his leg, where it hit him but other than that, everything else in his body was alright. His parents still cried that day. Since Taeyong disappeared.

Mark woke up to some hushed voices talking. He cracked open one eye and waited a few seconds for it to adjust to the bright light. He looked around and saw familiar faces. He knew them all from school, but never spoke to any of them, except Donghyuck, which was a while ago. Mark scanned the room, checking to see where he was, and realised that it was a hospital like room. There was a window in the room, where rain could be seen, slowly increasing second by second, and hitting the glass strongly. There was a glass cupboard which had medicines in it and a few trays of medical equipment. Mark started to panic when he saw that, and his eyes darted to his own hands, which were safely placed on his stomach. His rapid movement caused the others to notice him, and they immediately got quiet, watching as Mark pat himself and check for any injuries. The only thing he felt was a cut on his cheek.