-ˏˋ sᴇᴠᴇɴ ˎˊ˗

❝ ᴛ-ᴛᴀᴇʏᴏɴɢ? ❞

Mark was annoyed. He was so annoyed at the fact that Donghyuck was with him one day, and then the other he was gone. It was weird, feeling someone's absence even if it was just for 24 hours, but it had an impact on Mark. He would look around the house, unable to find Donghyuck, mostly because the building was too big for Mark to search alone, and because the third floor was completely shut off and he wasn't allowed there. He suspected that's where Donghyuck lived.

When Mark asked the other kids, they all gave vague answers, saying something along the lines of,

"Ask Donghyuck, we can't tell you."

Or,

"Has he not told you yet? Surprising."

And everytime Mark would gather up the confidence to question Donghyuck himself, he would get shut down by a ,'nowhere'.

Mark uncontrollably tapped his foot on the ground as he got more and more annoyed. Why were the group always keeping a secret from him. They sat away from him at lunch, whispered things to each other whenever they thought Mark wasn't looking, and didn't even tell him why Donghyuck was missing. The teacher groaned and then turned around to snap at Mark, who was now creating a loud and annoying noise by his tapping.

"Mark, can you please stop?" His teacher said, putting his hand on the table and raising his eyebrow at Mark, who licked his lips and then nodded, but continued tapping his foot. "I said can you-"

Before the teacher could say anything else, a loud thunder sound was heard outside, and everyone in the classroom gasped. The sound was then followed by more roars and the entire class went quiet. The windows suddenly shattered and glass shards flew out towards students. A few people cried out in pain as their arms got pierced, whilst the others rushed to help those hurt. Mark shakily glanced around the room and then told everyone to leave. The students wasted no time to rush out of the doors, trailing behind the other students in the hallways down the corridor.

Mark ran over to the window and looked up, eyes widening as he saw a large grey cloud covering the sky above their school. He bit his lip as he realised it must've been him, and he must've caused the storm by his thoughts.

"My stupid stupid emotions!" Mark whispered to himself, face palming.

"Mark!" Renjun yelled, hurrying over to Mark's side after searching for him the second the storm started. "Stop the storm!"

"I don't know how to!" Mark replied, closing his eyes and taking deep breaths, but nothing happened. The storm only worsened and the building started to shake. Rain started pouring down and bright flashes of light blinded everyone. "Renjun, how do I stop the storm?!"

"Calm down!" Renjun answered, not exactly knowing how to help Mark. That was normally Donghyuck's job. He was the one who calmed Jeno down and managed to help Jisung discover a way to stop using his power all the time. "Let's get out of here first."

The two speedily got out of the building, which was on the verge of collapsing, and then scanned the crowd, trying to find the other kids. A hand pressed onto Mark's shoulder and he was jerked backwards.

"Stop the storm Mark." Donghyuck said in a soft voice, holding Mark in place.

"I don't know how to." Mark said, frowning as Donghyuck's expression remained the same. "I didn't start this storm on purpose! How am I supposed to stop it? How did you stop it last time?"

"I knocked you out." Donghyuck replied, remembering how he hit Mark's face in order to stop the storm. Seeing how Mark grimaced before opening his mouth to perhaps tell him to do that again, Donghyuck quickly spoke up. "But I want you to learn how to control your emotions instead of me just making you fall unconscious every time."