-ˏˋ sɪx ˎˊ˗

❝ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ʙᴏᴅᴊᴇs
ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ sᴜʀᴇ ᴋɪssᴇs
ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ❞

"I'm not normal." Mark said to himself, thinking back to what happened in the lunch hall. After Mark had finally recovered from the loss of his parents, he went back to school, since that was important to him, and was met by a very angry Lucas. As he had been taken home by Donghyuck and Jeno, and then gone missing for a whole 4 days, Lucas was worried to the core. He had called Mark's parents but they said they don't know a Mark, which caused him to freak out and think that they disowned him or something.

Somehow, Mark managed to convince Lucas that he had just gotten really sick, and decided to tell Lucas to not talk about his parents (saying it was a personal problem when it was actually just that he couldn't handle having a breakdown in school) and that he was much better now. As he spoke to him, the kids, who liked to call themselves NCT (or Dreamies as Jaemin once said), walked into the lunch hall and made their way to their self assigned table.

From afar, they looked like a normal group of guys, hanging around, laughing with each other as if they had no worries in the world. Mark found that a little disturbing, but he chose not to say anything about it. Lucas, who had also been watching the boys enter, mumbled under his breath something about how "they're so cool."

Mark happened to hear it and questioned him, curious as to why his best friend was so interested by the group, or why he even found them cool. The answer he got, was not what he was expecting.

"I like the Renjun guy a lot..." Lucas whispered, lowering his gaze and feeling embarrassed. Truth be told, Mark didn't even know his friend was interested in guys until then. Feeling like he should do something, Mark then stood up and dragged Lucas to the dreamies' table, telling him to speak up and actually become friends with them. From what Mark had seen, they were quite nice, and easy to become friends with, so it shouldn't have been so hard for Lucas to blend in with them. But he should've known better.

As soon as he managed to pull Lucas to the table, all the guys seemed to notice their presence and started making up excuses of how they had to leave. The only one who stayed in his seat was Donghyuck, but he also stood up to leave after a while. When Donghyuck went past Mark, he put a hand on his shoulder and leaned forwards to whisper something into his ear.

"We don't hang out with normal people, sorry."

Just that one sentence made Mark realise that he wasn't normal, and that he was never going to be normal ever again. He was going to have these strange powers for the rest of his life, and could end up getting so many people in danger. The amount of crazy storms he could create, and the amount of damage he could cause. Lucas was hurt by their actions, but pretended as if he was alright with the fact that they left before he could speak to them.

"Are you okay?" The voice snapped Mark out of his thoughts and he quickly rolled around in his bed, tearing his eyes away from the wall and focusing on the boy at his door. "Mark, you okay?"

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." Mark replied, sitting up as Jeno strolled into the room and sat on the side of his bed. The two exchanged a few words, asking if the other was fine and how they were doing, until Mark finally spoke up about what was on his mind. "By the way, I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Why does Donghyuck disappear from time to time?" Mark asked. Donghyuck had disappeared yesterday, but then showed up at school today, and he kept going missing randomly. The way Jeno's body visibly tensed and he immediately looked a little nervous told Mark that what he had observed was in fact right, and that Donghyuck did suddenly disappear occasionally.