Zero Gravity: Part Three

Dipper's eyes shot open.

"No..." He murmured, in shock. "Someone found it."

Dipper floated in his part of the Mindscape, which was a void filled with stars and hovering books. With no trouble, he floated across the void, before a opening appeared before him, and he entered it.

On the other side, was a place that was the complete opposite of his Mindscape. It was a world of chaos, with cotton candy for clouds, various glitter as foundation, candy for buildings, and living plush animals for citizens. Only one being could create something so unorganized, and it so happened to be his sister.

"Hey, bro-bro!" Mabel exclaimed, from atop a pink cloud, which she had been recently devouring. "What are you doing in the Dreamscape?"

"Mabel, I have something important to discuss with you," Dipper explained.

"OK, but first..." She patted the cloud, and it started pouring droplets of chocolate milk onto Dipper's head. "Chocolate Rain!"

Dipper sighed, then he unsheathed his sword. With perfect accuracy, he threw it at the cloud, and it popped like balloon, it's chocolate rain ceased. Mabel pouted, but then her happy demeanor quickly returned.

"So, what's up?" She asked, as Dipper caught his sword before it could hit the ground.

With the snap of his fingers, the milk stains vanished from his clothing. "Mabel," He started, a edge of seriousness in his voice. "The journal, someone found it."

Mabel's eyes widened. "Wait? You mean Great Uncle Ford's journal?"

Dipper nodded gravely. "Just the one, I can't tell which, but I know it's been discovered. If that journal gets into the wrong hands, we both know what will happen."

"Yep," Mabel said, before mimicking explosion sounds, while failing her arms around.

"It's time we return to the physical realm, and retrieve that journal," Dipper decided.

"It's been forever since we left this realm...do you think those big phones with wires are still around?"

Dipper shrugged, a part of him curious about the mortal world, while the bigger part was nervous. There was no concept of time in their realm, Dipper wasn't aware of how much has changed in the other world, and it scared him for some reason. And, he had grown comfortable in the Mindscape, like Mabel had in her Dreamscape, this was their home. But...

"I suppose we don't have a choice," Dipper said.

Mabel shrugged. "It won't be so bad, at least we get to see Wendy again."

Dipper blushed at the mention of the redhead. "Yeah...that'll be nice..."

Mabel noticed his blush, and rolled her eyes. Thankfully, she didn't press him. "So, when are we going?"

"As soon as possible," Dipper answered.

Mabel nodded, her eyes narrowed determinedly. "Then I'll be ready..." A popsicle stick with wings flew over, before she grabbed it and took a bite out of it. "I'll be ready," she repeated, while chewing slowly. 

"Good," Dipper said. His frown deepened. "Let's hope, that whoever has the journal, isn't who I think it is."

                                                    ❇❇❇

Bill suddenly was woken by a loud banging. He opened his eyes groggily, briefly glancing at his sleeping brother, before the noise came again, seeming to come from downstairs.