Zero Gravity: Part Six

Bill was fine with leaving Mabel and Dipper chained up.

But with some lecturing from Will and Wendy, he reluctantly agreed to free them too. Thankfully, he had found a reverse spell in the journal, and after he recited it, the chains vanished in a shower of blue light.

"Yes, I can move my arms!" Mabel cheered, waving her arms around.

Dipper stood up, and shot Bill a glare. "I have every right to imprison you after all the stunts you pulled."

Bill gulped, just when Wendy stepped in front of him protectively. "Dipper, it doesn't have to come to that."

"I'm sorry," he said genuinely. "But those two refuse to return the journal, and worse, they used it against Mabel and I."

"They're just kids," Wendy reminded. "And they put themselves in mortal danger, just to save us."

Dipper looked away in embarrassment.

A silence drifted into the air, until Mabel broke it. "Maybe, we can decide on a solution."

"OK," Wendy agreed. "How about, Bill and Will promise to protect the journal, and only use it for self-defense."

Dipper returned his gaze to hers. "Are you sure you want to leave it with them, you do know--"

"I am aware," Wendy said, seriously. "And I'll be supervising over them, so you don't need to worry."

"They are just kids, bro-bro," Mabel noted to her brother.

Dipper's eyes darted from Bill to Will, before he settled them on Wendy. He sighed deeply. "Fine, they will protect the journal, and you will protect them."

Wendy smiled, and gave him a nod of gratitude.

"Just know," Dipper started, turning to Bill. "That book contains secrets, and there are some places you shouldn't trudge into. Until next time, Cipher, but for the time being...I'll be watching you."

He unsheathed his sword, which released a flash of light that momentarily blinded Bill. When it had ceased, the older twins were gone from sight.

Bill hesitantly turned to Wendy. "Uh...thanks, Red."

Wendy ruffled his hair. "No problem," she said, then punched him in the shoulder.

"Ow!"

"That's for trading me for a book," Wendy explained.

"It was part of my master plan!" Bill insisted.

Wendy laughed. "Yeah, you're pretty smart, Blondie."

Bill smiled. Maybe, this chick wasn't so bad, after all.

"So, what next?" Will asked.

Bill remembered something. "I guess we can return that faulty golf cart to the dealership."

They turned to the vehicle, to see it on it's side, with a missing roof, fuming black smoke and spluttering oil.

"It could be fixed..." Will objected sheepishly.

The hood of the cart exploded, and fire licked at the metal.

"Well," Bill said, smacking his hands together. "I'm gonna go hide from the police." Then he ran off.  

                                                   ❇❇❇

Dipper and Mabel, floated in a void. Unlike Dipper's Mindscape, it was vacant of stars, and the twins faced two figures.

One was dressed in a sparkly cloak, had a silver staff, and six fingers. The other was dress in gold and red attire, with a black cape, a golden staff, and a fez. They were both male, and were identical twin brothers.

The Guardians of Night and Day, or Stanford and Stanley Pines were how they usually preferred to be addressed, especially by their niece and nephew.

"So, the journal is now in possession of two boys named Bill and Will Cipher," Dipper finished explaining the recent events. He then bowed his head in shame. "I'm sorry, we failed this mission."

Stan dismissed the apology with a wave of his hand. "Don't sweat it, kiddo. So, you got beaten by a fifteen year old in shorts, it happens...it's embarrassing, but it happens."

"Lee is right...in his own way," Ford said. He gave Dipper and Mabel a kind look. "There's no need to be ashamed. From a young age, I seen you two do a lot of impressive things, the dangers you countered to protect this world."

"No matter what, we'll always be proud of you knuckleheads," Stan added with a chuckle.

Dipper smiled, then it faltered. "Can we really trust them? Especially Bill?"

The brothers shared a knowing look, before turning back to the young adults. "Though we have a valid reason to tag Bill as untrustworthy," Ford started. "He is a minor, and so is his brother, it will be unnecessary to harm either of them. So, you must change them."

"Change them?" Mabel repeated questioningly.

"They're used to seeing the world one way," Stan continued. "You have to show them it's not. Will might be easy to convince... but Bill's another story."

"Whatever the challenge, you have to slowly change their minds, and their hearts," Ford said. "It's the only way to save them."

Dipper looked at his uncles with uncertainty. "Are you sure it will work?"

"I agree with Dipper," Mabel said. "Bill trapped us in chains! How are we suppose to make him good of heart?"

"You have to," Ford replied. A darkening veil drifted into his eyes from behind his glasses. "The entire world is at stake."

                                                   ❇❇❇

Thankfully, Buddy Gleeful hadn't pressed charges against the Cipher twins, on the condition that they had to purchase the eleven air fresheners that no one wanted to keep.

It was currently night, but Bill wasn't in bed.

He eyed an empty wall, before turning back to the journal. The recent things he read took a impact in his thoughts, wrapped in temptation and increasing curiosity.

There are some places you shouldn't trudge into, Dipper's warning echoed in his ears.

Bill's brow knitted. He had a right to know everything about this town, and this was his chance.

With that, he took a deep breath, then pressed his palm against the wall. His hand sank slightly in the wood, and the wall slid aside, revealing a opening. Bill peered inside, and saw a long staircase illuminated by green light.

Without hesitation, he stepped inside, and the wall closed shut behind him.