The Gobblewonker: Part One

A/N: Just want to let you know that the Gobblewonker in this story is real, not a robot. I did it, because Fiddleford is only slightly crazy in this AU.
———————————————————————————————-

"Will!"

Will's flew open, and he shot out of bed, falling onto the floor. He groaned, and looked up to see his brother, Bill, holding something that Will couldn't make out.

"What was that for?" Will asked, sitting up.

"It's twelve in the morning," Bill reminded. He grinned, and sat down beside him. He showed Will what he had, which turned out to be a newspaper. "Look what I found."

Will squinted at the page. "Human-sized hamster ball? That's incredibly unsafe."

"No, Will," Bill sighed. He pointed to an add for a photo contest. "They're looking for photos of the supernatural, and the contestant with the best picture wins $1000 in cash!" He then pointed to last year's winner's picture of a unconvincing monster. "We see weirder stuff than that everyday!"

"Do you have any pictures of those gnomes?" Will asked.

"No," Bill replied dryly. "I guess I have no choice but to go fairy wrangling."

"You worry me sometimes, you know that?"

"I'm just thinking here," Bill said, wrapping an arm around Will. "And what about Wendy? She is kinda a warrior from another dimension."

"Yeah, but she looks exactly like a human," Will noted. "Does the journal have any ideas?"

"Of course, the journal!" Bill remembered. He stood up, and walked to his bed, pulling the book out from under his pillow, before returning to Will.

They both looked through it, eventually pausing on a page, Will read it. "I begin to suspect that a prehistoric creature inhabitants the largest lake in Zero Gravity Town, any mortal who manages to encounter the beast, is never heard from again."

"Well, that solves it," Bill declared. "We'll take a picture of this dinosaur thingy, send it in, and get the money."

Will looked at him warily. "Are sure that's a good idea?"

"We need to go big," he said. "What's bigger than a giant monster?"

"The giant monster is what I'm worried about," Will said nervously. "And how are we suppose to find this lake? We still don't know anything about this town."

Bill smiled. "Good thing, we know someone who does."

                                                 ❇❇❇

"Let me get this straight," Wendy said, resting on a tree branch. "You want me to lead you on a perilous quest for a lake monster, just so you can win a contest?"

The twins were on the ground, looking up at the woman in the tree. "Yes," Will answered.

"What's in it for me?" she asked.