Chapter Five: The Gig

Project Harry - Chapter Five

~~ Tanaya's P.O.V ~~

We arrived outside the venue with all of our gear and slipped in unnoticed.

Well, that's what we assumed.

We managed to get set up in the overhanging beams above the stage. There was a large platform surrounded by steel railings, hanging above the seats.  The fans were too busy watching the empty stage to notice us. We scanned the area above the stands and the stage and found nothing, or no one.

Henry set up the communications with the company base while I stared at the screaming girls below us. It was surreal how all of these girls showed up to see five boys just singing.

Suddenly a thought popped in to my head. And yet another question I had to ask, being the nosy person I am. “Henry, does Harry know anything about this?”

My question made him think for a second before he replied. “We informed their management, and I believe Harry knows, yes. But I don’t think he was given details on the matter…” Henry trailed off as the lights dimmed and music started.

Words and videos of the five boys flashed on to the large screen, causing the crowd to scream and cheer. I put in my ear plugs and went back to scanning the area, now and again glancing at the stage.

For the first song, I refrained myself from looking at the stage, in case of being distracted from the job at hand. I heard deep chuckling next to me, and stared at Henry.

“Tanaya, just watch for a minute, you might die of boredome otherwise!” he shouted above the screams.

“But I have to-“

“I can do it alone for a minute, alright? Just for a little while anyway…” he turned back to what he was doing, and I gave in, looking over to the stage.

There they were, all bounding about on stage having an amazing time. The blonde boy was getting a piggy back from another lad, both holding microphones to their mouths. A tall brown haired boy and the boy with the black quiff were doing a funny little dance.

I scanned the stage for the one I knew as Harry Styles, and spotted him near the edge of the stage. He wasn’t as playful as the others, and looked rather timid, flinching at the louder drum beats.

Yeah, it looked like he knew what was going on.

The 4 other lads switched places, and Harry reluctantly moved to centre stage. His hair flopped over his face, but he flicked it back into place expertly. He stood still, one arm clamped to his side and the other holding up the microphone.

As one boy took a solo, Harry walked gingerly over to the tall brown haired boy and shook his head, speaking in the boy’s ear. The boy looked devastated, and I saw him say the words ‘No, don’t!’

I watched in horror as Harry walked off stage, and turned to see that Henry had seen as well. He shook his head in disbelief, and turned to me, eyes wide.

“We have to get him back out there…” I yelled above the screams and boo’s. Henry nodded in agreement, staring back at the stage where they were trying to explain Harry’s absence.

“Okay, so when exactly should we go?” I asked, bored of being up here. He smiled a little.

“Yeah, now I think… let’s go.” he took one last long look around the arena before looking satisfied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~