Ugly Thing, Jealousy

Summary
*They bicker and banter just like in school, only people call that flirting now. And there's the annoying Mark.*

"Malfoy, have you seen the file on the wearwolf case?" asked Harry as he frantically shoved papers (possibly very important ones) around his very messy desk, his nose wrinkling as it always did when he was stressed out.

He heard a deep, exasperated sigh coming from the other desk in the office and the slight creek of the chair as Draco stood up and made his way towards Harry.

"I swear to god, how are you such a good Auror when you're literally all over the place?" Draco muttered as he gently nudged Harry with his hip so he could make room for himself and started sorting through the papers. He wouldn't admit it for the world but that small, yet so domestic gesture caused his heart to flutter. He frowned a bit and wanted to slap himself.

"Was that a compliment? From Draco Malfoy?" Harry mock gasped and he placed a hand over his heart in a dramatic gesture. A little smirk made its way on his face.

Draco rolled his eyes and fought the damned smile that crept up his lips.

"Don't flatter yourself, Potter. Playing hero and sacrificing yourself are the only things you're actually good at", he bit back. Contrary to what would have happened in their school years, though, Potter's cheeky smirk only widened as he answered.

"How about my cooking skills? But you wouldn't know about that, would you? Not even being able to fry an egg yourself."

"I so regret telling you that now", Draco groaned.

Potter just let out a heartfelt laugh at the sight of the embarrassed yet exasperated partner.

"Maybe I could give you some lessons. How to be an adult in three simple steps. Lesson one: boiling an egg."

Harry couldn't help the laughter that bubbled out at the scowl directed at him.

"How to be an adult? That's rich coming from you, Mr. I sneezed twice today, maybe I should stay home for the rest of the week and have Granger read me bedtime stories", Draco mocked, causing Harry to laugh even harder.

"What's wrong with wanting to be read stories to?"

"Nothing. If you're under 10."

Harry laughed again and Draco felt his heart grow.

"Oh come on, you know I never had anyone read me when I was a kid, all alone in that cupboard", he said with an exaggerated pout.

Malfoy snorted.

"Don't even bother. That card doesn't work on me anymore", he said, though he couldn't help the sudden urge to kick some ass. Specifically, Petunia and Vernon Dursley's asses.

Harry's grin widened and he muttered a that's too bad right before the door opened and in came his worst nightmare.

Mark Wilson stood timidly in the door and watched with confusion in his eyes at the men's close proximity.

Draco watched from the corner of his eye the way Harry's grin promptly fell and his expression grew darker by the second, watching the brunet in the door like a predator.

"Um, hey Draco", he spoke, wary of the fuming man in the room, but approaching the desk nonetheless. "My mum sent me some boxes of chocolate from France yesterday and I just, you know", he took another glance at Harry who looked ready to jump at his neck any second, then continued, as if defying him: "I thought you might like some."

Draco ignored the red rose that came with the nicely wrapped box and smiled sweetly (which might or might not have been just to antagonise his friend who seemingly could not control his reactions) as he accepted the gift.