What a Family

Summary
*The Weasleys just have a thing for welcoming neglected children in their home with wide arms. No one is happier than Harry because of that.*

Harry watched fondly as Draco made conversation with George and Ginny, gesturing widely and making the two siblings die of laughter. He could simply not contain the goofy grin that spread on his face as he was filled with such warmth he had never felt before.

He loved Draco with evything he had and he knew damn well he would have never left him regardless of the Weasleys' reaction to them dating. But now, there they were, wearing matching Christmas sweaters from Mrs. Weasley and Draco getting along with the whole family like they've been meeting Sunday afternoons for tea for years. And it made Harry happy beyond words.

"I'm so happy for you, Harry", Molly pulled the brunet out of his dreamy state with a gentle hand around his shoulders.

"Thank you!" Harry just whispered, and they both knew he was refering to many things.

Molly just smiled warmly and directed her attention towards the blond who now chatted animatedly with Hermione.

"I was afraid he wouldn't want to come", she confessed, earning a small laugh from Harry.

"He cried when you sent us the sweaters."

Molly looked at him in amazement, looking for any signs that he might be joking, but Harry continued, just as serious.

"I don't think I've even seen him cry like that. Ever."

At this point, tears shone discreetly in the corners of his eyes.

"I know how he grew up and even though he was spoiled rotten, he never had the feeling of a true, loving family. When we started dating, it took me weeks to convince him I actually liked him. And when I told him I loved him for the first time, he told me not to lie to him. Said I didn't have to say it just to please him." And his voice cracked a bit as he spoke, leading Molly to tighten the arm around his shoulders.

"And despite being raised in a cold and uptight family, he still loved them unconditionally, like an innocent child craving affection, and did everything for them in the war and I just-" He had to stop for a second to recollect himself for his voice was trembling and his hands were shaking.

"I just want to give him the fucking best and make him feel loved and, oh god, this", he said gesturing around him "is so important to him."

He finally tore his gaze away from his beaming boyfriend and looked at Mrs. Weasley who had such a heartwarming look in her eyes that Harry didn't try to resist the urge to hug her.

"I don't know how you stumbled over each other again after the war, but I am so happy you did. You're so good for each other and, oh dear, Harry, I haven't seen you smile for so long before you two got together." It was her turn to hold back tears now.

Harry's heart clenched. The last he had wanted was to cause Mrs. Weasley more pain.

"I'm so sorry", was all he could whisper.

"Don't apologise for what war has put you through", Molly whispered as she cupped Harry's face in her hands. She stole another glance Draco's way, then added: "Do take care of each other, Harry."

Harry's face finally broke into a smile as he nodded.

"Thank you", he repeated, thinking he would never stop saying those words to the woman in front of him. "Thank you for accepting all his", he said, gesturing between him and Draco. "For accepting him", he finally ended in a whisper.

"What kind of family would we be if we wouldn't have?" Molly asked with a wide grin and glistening eyes.

And, as if on cue, the rest of the Weasleys, along with Draco and Hermione stood up and excitedly made their way outside, George in the lead, calling out for the two of them to come already.

"Harry, come on! George's setting off his new fireworks!" Draco called excitingly as he grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him outside, Mrs. Weasley following suit.

And they watched the fireworks and laughed and smiled and felt so warm despite the freezing air outside and truly, they were one hell of a family.