The Comfort He comes Back To

Summary
*Things that throw Harry off balance and things that calm him down are all related to Draco Malfoy.*

Harry threw his quill down on the desk of his office after adding the finishing signature on his report. He checked his watch and suppressed a groan of irritation when he noticed it was 10:30 pm. You wanted this job. You signed up for this, he reminded himself and sure, he didn't hate it. But it was times like these when he was almost six hours late home that he seriously raised the question as to why hadn't he resumed to opening an animal shop so far.

Animals were nice. Unlike most people, like his boss, for example, who felt it appropriate to have him write a long ass report after a tiring and hard day in the field. I'll be damned if I'm not taking Draco and moving to a godforsaken island in the middle of nowhere one of these days, he thought as he stood up. He grabbed his coat from the hanger near the door and walked out, not bothering with the mess he left on his desk. That was something he would worry about tomorrow.

He sighed deeply as he dragged his feet across the polished floor and the trip to the floo hall had never seemed quite so long and exhausting as it felt right then. When he emerged back in muggle London, he cast a half assed look around and apparated on the spot, too tired to walk the short distance to his muggle flat, deciding he had had enough of wintry air and cold winds that day to last him a life time. All he wanted was to go home to Draco.

He apparated straight in the hallway where he messily took off his shoes before he started walking towards the living room, discarding piece after piece of clothing on the way until he was left only in his boxer shorts.

He entered the living room just to find his boyfriend wrapped in a comfy sweater, his sweater, and reading a book which he was thoroughly captivated by, only now noticing the other presence in the room, if the startled look on his face was anything to go by.

A smile crept upon his lips at the sight of his half dead boyfriend, smile that promptly fell when, with a painful squeeze of his heart, he took notice of the bruises on Harry's torso, quickly gathering the man had had another one of those rough days. He opened his mouth to say something and made to stand up, but was immediately stopped in the action when Harry shoved the book in his hands aside so he could collapse on him unimpeded. Draco wasted no time in wrapping his arms around the brunet's naked shoulders and rubbing the bruised skin affectionately.

Harry heaved a deep sigh of contentment and buried his head further in the crook of Draco's neck. He was silent for a long time and Draco was trying very hard to keep his mouth shut, knowing how welcomed silence was to the man after a long day. He wandlessly dimmed the lights around the flat, also knowing that Harry couldn't stand bright lights either in moments like these, then pressed his lips to his boyfriend's temple and tightened his hold on him, careful not to further hurt his worn out body.

Harry inhaled the welcoming scent deeply and finally, finally allowed his eyes to drop closed. The comfort and warmth the pale arms on his back and the steady breathing of his lover brought him could not be compared with anything in this world. Not by a long shot. But he knew Draco wanted answers, wanted to know what he did, if he was alright. He knew it wasn't easy on him, being the boyfriend of an auror. A reckless, self sacrificing auror at that. He never knew wether Harry would be back that night or not, never knew if that was the last time he ever saw the man he loved. Harry knew, knew, understood, how horrible that must feel and for that, he always gave it his best to put Draco's mind at ease.

That's why right then, even though he would want nothing than to fall asleep right there, he opened his mouth to speak.

"Let's take a bath", was all he managed to whisper and he heard a sigh of relief in response.