Animagus

Well, look at me, actually writing a short chapter for once. I got this idea a few days ago and literally fell in love with it. Enjoy!

∆∆∆

The biting wind and harsh weather, constantly on the verge of rain, but never quite doing so, did not keep the majority of Hogwarts students from their favourite part of term, Hogsmeade visits. The cheer and good mood could be felt even from the other side of the castle as kids excitedly planned their day while fascinated first and second years asked endless questions, none of them really paying their breakfast any mind.

Harry, though, could not find it in himself to share their excitement, not when the wind blew with such force outside. Almost a whole year of camping kind of made him a bit bitter towards bad weather. So, when people hurried out the gates that morning, he had shrugged and went back to his breakfast after seeing his friends off and wishing them fun, thinking he had much better things to do that day than roam around in that horrendous weather.

Now, as he lay on the eight year common room couch in front of the roaring fire, with a half asleep Draco Malfoy on his chest, he knew he definitely did well without Honeydukes and Zonko's that day. The common room was mostly empty, save for Pansy and Parvati talking in low voices and giggling conspiratorially in a corner of the room, who complained only minutes before that if Harry and Draco wanted to eat each other's faces off, they should go to their dorm room because no one there asked for a show.

Who could blame them, though? Harry and Draco had only been dating for a few weeks and keeping their hands off each other still proved to be a tedious task. They rolled their eyes at the comments, but settled down nonetheless, now resuming to cuddling and slowly drifting off to sleep with the soft afternoon light seeping in through the big windows.

Harry had taken to slowly combing his fingers through Draco's hair and peppering light kisses on his face, which he knew the blond absolutely loved. He did not expect him to love them this much, though.

"Did you just purr?" he asked in surprise as a shit eating grin spread across his face.

That seemed to promptly wake Draco up, an adorable flush raising to his high cheekbones.

"No I didn't!"

"You so did!" exclaimed Harry excitedly, thinking his boyfriend had never been cuter than in that moment. "Is it because your animagus form is a kitten?"

"It's not a kitten, it's a cat", Draco defended vehemently, still red as a tomato. "And I didn't purr."

"Yes you are. You're a white, little, fluffy kitten", laughed Harry.

"Well, I'll grow- Harry stop laughing! I've only been an animagus for three months. I can't control it yet, it's not my fault."

"God, please never control it", chuckled Harry as he fondly placed a kiss to his boyfriend's still red cheek.

"You don't think it's weird?" Draco asked, a hint of uncertainty in his eyes, to which Harry shook his head, his smile growing even wider.

"This is the first time it happened?"

"I usually try to hold it back. I was too sleepy to do so now."

"When does it happen?" Harry asked now, growing more and more delighted by this discovery with every passing second.

Draco mumbled something in response, but muffled by Harry's shirt it didn't carry. The brunet was growing more amused.

"I didn't hear you."

"I said", Draco repeated, a bit annoyed. "That it only happens when you hold me."

"Oh my god, baby!" Harry laughed even as his heart grew thrice its size in his chest.

He bent down and lovingly kissed Draco, a bit rough, a bit hurried, and tightened his hold on the boy's waist. He slowed the kiss, though, as a wicked thought crossed his mind. His lips moved slowly, tenderly over Draco's and his hands worked the expanse of the blond's back in firm but loving strokes and, sure enough, Draco started purring shortly after.

Pansy rolled her eyes when Harry's delighted laughter echoed around the room again.