May's Story

May's story begins in Jefferson, California where she worked on a crew cleaning up movie sets. One day on a not so thrilling clean-up job, she met Anthony Walker. Anthony was a popular producer who was always at work, or so he claimed. After their accidental meeting, Anthony quickly began flirting and trying to swoon May. He seemed infatuated with her name. He'd constantly tell her what a beautiful name she has. After a few weeks of flirting and hanging out at work, she started falling for him. Why wouldn't she? He was the cliché of tall, dark, and very easy on the eyes. It wouldn't be until six months into their relationship that May would see the mask come off of Anthony's face, showing his true identity.

Anthony showered May with gifts, took her to fancy restaurants, and even had her move into one of the apartments he owned. He kept telling her that he wanted her closer to him. With her living nearly an hour away from work, he stated this would allow them more time with one another. They spent any spare time that they had together, but that slowly began to dwindle down in the fourth month of the relationship. He would always tell her that he was held up late at work and couldn't make it over.

After weeks of the same story night after night, May decided to do some snooping. She decided she would grab Anthony dinner from his favorite restaurant and take it to him. As she was walking the halls of the dark studio the nightly custodian gave her a surprised look, frowning, as he slightly shook his head. Shaking it off she continued walking through the double doors and around to the resting area. As she approached the door, she heard laughter. Slowing her approach, she stood on the other side door, listening. Her ears weren't tricking her, it was a female's voice.

But what if they're just rehearsing? She asked herself, trying to stay positive. That's when she heard the woman say, "Lock the door so no one comes in."

May immediately turned the knob and pushed the door open to find a stunned Anthony, his shirt wrinkled, unbuttoned, and a young blonde in her bra and skirt unzipped. The blonde squealed as she quickly scampered to cover herself with her shirt.

"Working extremely hard, I see." May said staring accusingly at the man glaring back at her.

"Tony, who is this?" The blonde asked.

May raised her eyebrows in shock. She was surprised by the question and the fact that she was calling him Tony. She looked at the girl, taking in her appearance and body language. She was genuinely confused and looking to Anthony for answers. May frowned as her anger towards the girl slowly turned into pity.

"Hi, I'm Magnolia, Anthony's girlfriend." May stated as she held out her hand to the girl.

The young girl arched an eyebrow as she slowly reached for May's hand, accepting the handshake.

Anthony was buttoning up his shirt while glaring at May. She found this odd since he was the one in the wrong. Crossing her arms allowing the bag of food to bounce against her stomach, leaning on one hip, and glaring back at him she seethed.

"You don't get to be mad at me. You're the one lying, not only to me but to her as well." Turning on her heel, she tossed the food into the trash can.

Walking to the door, she stops with her hand on the doorknob before opening it and turned back to the girl.

"Honey, if he promised you anything don't bet on him keeping the promise."

With those words, she opened the door and stood there, waiting. The girl quickly grabbed her purse as she stood looking from May to Anthony.

"I think I'll be leaving." Quickly moving towards the door, she stopped just in front of May.