Who Are You?

Jake ran to the back of the diner when he heard the commotion. He saw the fear in May's eyes and anger on Wade's face. Stopping in his tracks, dread filled his body.

"He's here." May said, her entire body visibly shaking with fear.

Jake reached for her just as Wade wrapped his arm around her. Together the guys hugged her and comforted her as she shook with fear.

"Jake, I'm..." Wade started but was quickly shushed by May.

She looked to both of them slowly shaking her head as she put her finger to her lips. Jake checked his watch just as his phone rang.

"Hey babe, I can't talk right now."

It was Daisy, Jake's girlfriend.

"Well, isn't that a shame..." the voice on the other line responded.

It wasn't Daisy. It was a male voice with a malice tone.

"Who is this?" Jake demanded.

"Put your buddy on the phone, I know she's with you."

Jake looked at May and she knew who it was without another word.

"Where's Daisy?!" He demanded.

May took the phone from Jake.

"Leave them out of this and leave me alone, Anthony." She yelled into the phone.

"But flower, you're coming home with me."

"I'm not going anywhere with you. You need help, Anthony. You can't have everything you want." she said. "Where is Daisy? Why do you have her phone?" She demanded.

"Oh, but that's where you're wrong, Dearie. I will have you. You are mine, don't ever forget that. Don't you worry your pretty little head about Daisy. She's served her purpose and is no longer needed." and with those words, Anthony ended the phone call.

May felt sick to her stomach as she handed Jake his phone back. Jake laid it on the counter and took the diner keys out of his pocket. He walked through the door that led to the kitchen. "We're closed today." he said walking into the dining area to send the staff home.

When Jake returned to the back room Wade was whispering in May's ear. She saw Jake and motioned for him to come over. Taking her cell phone out of her pocket and laying it on the counter next to Jake's. Wade did the same thing. The three of them headed for the back door, Jake locked up while Wade and May headed to Wade's truck.

"Jake, we've got to find Daisy. If she's with him, she's in danger." May stated in a panic.

Jake was jogging to the two of them and hopped in the bed of the truck. May climbed up into the passenger seat as Wade was closing the driver's door.

"Wade, you know where Daisy lives, let's go." Jake said smacking the side of the truck and sitting down as Wade hurried out of the parking lot off to Daisy's.

May's stomach sank as they pulled into the driveway of a little house and she noticed Daisy's front door ajar. The three of them cautiously entered the house looking for her. May started on the main floor, Jake ran up the stairs and Wade headed for the basement.

May slowly entered the kitchen from the hallway. She spotted a set of kitchen knives on the counter and quietly slid one out. With a tight grip, she cautiously rounded the corner and entered a living room. There was an obvious struggle here. The coffee table was overturned, a lamp was laying on the floor, bulb shattered. The corner of a lamp table was knocked over, leaning on the arm of the couch. There was blood on the corner. May's stomach began to twist and she felt the lump rising in her throat. She heard a crash followed by a scream coming from the kitchen. Wade was reaching the top of the basement steps as Jake was racing down the stairs. The three of them bolted to the kitchen where they found the sliding glass door open.

"I was just in here. That was closed." May said shaking, pointing to the door.

She followed the guys out onto the back patio where they found trails of blood leading towards a sitting area. May's breathing quickened as her senses became more alert. She scanned the backyard as the guys were investigating where the blood led to. May heard shuffling in a shed off to the right. She looked to the left to motion for the guys but they were out of ear reach. Swallowing hard, she took a deep breath and headed for the bushes.

As she reached the edge of the yard, she tightened her grip on the knife. The muddling sounds were getting louder. May peered into the bushes spotting a foot peeking out from under a bush in the back. She slowly stepped into them, moving the shrubs out of the way.

Daisy.

She was tied up and gagged. Blood running down her forehead. Shirt stained with blood and dirt covering her jeans. Daisy saw May coming and her eyes widened with fear. She began shaking her head vigorously. May started to turn around but before she could she was hit over the head with something so hard and so heavy, she fell to the ground in pain.

Laying there holding her head as it throbbed with every beating pulse, she felt someone kneel next to her. She opened her eyes, the pain making her squint. When her vision cleared, she was staring into the eyes of her stalker.

May opened her mouth to scream but before she could muster a sound, he shoved something in her mouth and put duct tape over it. She reached for the knife she dropped; it was just out of reach. Anthony grabbed her arms, forced them behind her back, and zip-tied her hands together. May began kicking her legs and trying to make as much noise as possible.

"If you don't stop this charade, I will gut your friend over here and make you watch." Anthony growled.

May stopped and look over to Daisy who was shaking in fear. The sounds of footsteps coming close alerted Anthony to hold the knife to Daisy's throat and a gun to May's head. Neither woman made a sound.

"She wouldn't have just ran off. She's terrified to be alone. He has her. He has them both." Jake stated with anger and panic in his voice.

"We'll get them back, Jake. We've got to keep looking." Wade said in an attempt to bring calmness to clear their minds.

"I swear if either of them is hurt, I'll kill the bastard myself. " Jake seethed through gritted teeth.

This made Anthony's smile grow wider which only made him look crazier than he is. May could hear the guys walking away. Panic took over and her survival instinct told her to do anything to make them aware they were there. She began kicking and screaming against the gag in her mouth. Anthony glared at her as he brought the butt of the gun down hard on her temple knocking her out.