Failed

**Language Warning.**

Jake was sitting in a dimly lit room, hands cuffed to a metal table. The only other items in the room were the surveillance camera in the upper corner and the chair sitting opposite of him. The anger in him was boiling over. His heart was pumping so fast he could hear it. The adrenaline running through him seemed as if it wasn't easing up any time soon.

He tugged at the cuffs restraining him from standing, yanked at the metal chains connected to the table. The door opened and in walked two men, one dressed in a suit, the other being an officer. The officer began talking first.

"Hello, Mr. Moon. I'm officer..."

He was interrupted with Jake yanking in his cuffs and saying, "I don't give a damn who you are. Or you, suit." He motioned towards the other gentlemen with a glare.

"Mr. Moon, I'm your attorney. I advise you to cooperate and not make matters worse."

Jake glared at the man, "Make matters worse? I just lost my girlfriend and my best friend. Not your normal loss. They were murdered. I saw my girlfriend suspended in the air by a God-damned hook! You tell me just how things could get worse. " he growled at the attorney.

"Jake, I'm only here to get your story and see if I can help." He replied.

"You want to help me? Get me the fuck out of these cuffs!" Jake yelled, pulling violently at the cuffs again as he seethed at the lawyer.

"You were found at a murder scene, gun in hand, holding a deceased woman's body." The officer stated as he adjusted his belt. "There's no way you're getting out of those cuffs." He pointed to the handcuffs on Jake's wrists.

"Yet." The attorney stated as he sat down in the chair across from Jake.

Jake glared at the lawyer. "What do you want from me?" He demanded.

"Well for starters, you can tell us what you were doing there." The officer interjected.

Jake stared up at the officer, the events of the day replaying in his mind. Leaving his house with a very alive and well May. Getting the diner ready to open. Wade and May bursting through the back door in a panic. The phone call. Daisy in the air. May's lifeless body covered in blood on the floor.

"Failing at saving them." He said barely making a sound.

He looked as if the air had been kicked out of him as he slumped over in defeat. The attorney looked up at the officer and pointed to the cuffs.

"Remove the cuffs from my client's hands."

"Sir, I don't think that's wise." The officer replied.

"Is he being charged with anything?"

"Well, not yet but,"

"Then remove the cuffs from my client's hands. I won't ask again."

The officer hesitantly unlocked each cuff not making eye contact with Jake once.

Jake rubbed each of his wrists where the cuffs bit into his skin. He looked at the attorney and asked, "Who called you? I don't have an attorney."

"Your buddy Wade called me." He answered while pulling a notepad from the leather bag he was carrying.

"Wait, what? Why would he call an attorney for me and not himself?" Jake asked bewildered.

"Maybe that's a question you should ask him yourself." The attorney replied and looked up at the camera in the corner of the room.

Seconds later the door opened and Wade walked in. He smiled and nodded at Jake then turned his attention to the officer.