i. Grimmauld Summer

( A VERY GRIMMAULD SUMMER )

SUMMER 95'

✧*

     BELLE MORALES IS, QUITE FRANKLY, MARIGOLD — she's always been passionate about many things, it could be considered a positive thing, in some cases (and in negative cases, her passion for studying until twelve a.m. on a school night..). Another passion, however, is her passion for attempting to keep the peace, not only within herself but within others. Due to this, she never complains. Not once, not ever, not even when her mind is pushing her to say something, do something, I don't want to do this. She doesn't like causing chaos or making others mad at her, because if someone doesn't explain why they're mad at her, it doesn't leave her mind. Ever. And also being unsure of whether her opinion matters get in the way of speaking her mind, so whenever something unpleasant is asked of her, she always keeps her head up and thinks, I can do this. Just this once. But it's never just once.

     She enjoys thinking positively, and she prefers to ignore the negative stuff that often occurs around her. Such as, before the school year ended, her fellow housemate suddenly fell dead and although her friends were whispering about the fact that You-Know-Who was responsible, Belle turned a blind eye and assumed it was a tragedy because she didn't want to believe something else could be going on. All she wants is for everyone to be safe, no chaos, no unpleasantness, just safe.

     But now, as she's sitting at the dinner table, and her mother informs her that the family will be spending their summer cooped up in a little old house and that their trip away for the summer was being cancelled (which she has been excited for ever since her parents surprised her and her sister during Christmas), Belle keeps quiet. She doesn't utter a single complaint, nor does she look as if her plans have been completely ruined. Everything is fine, completely, and utterly fine.

     The only real bright side is that she'll be spending the summer with her best friend, Ginny Weasley, whom she's been friends with since her third year, and Ginny's second. It was a strange pairing, to say the least. As they've grown older, Ginny is definitely the more outspoken, tougher one, the one who takes the lead because Belle doesn't mind what they do, as long as they're together and having a good time.

     So, that's the upside to all of this, although her sister, Amelia, doesn't seem to think there is any.

     "So you're telling me that we're going to spend the summer in some dingy house because Harry Potter says You-Know-Who is back? You're cancelling our trip over that?" Amelia sits with her arms crossed beside Belle, looking almost furious and upset. "I mean, how do you really know he's back?"