xii. Clueless

( CLUELESS )

( CLUELESS )

✧*

     IT'S WEIRD ATTEMPTING TO RETURN TO NORMALITY WHEN BELLE'S worries are just rising higher and higher, and soon enough she is going to leave this castle and find her parents herself. That is crazy so she would never actually do it, where would she even start? Maybe if she could get some information out of Mrs Weasley about where they went for their mission, she could start looking around that area (good luck with that). How will she get there? She doesn't know, but she would get there somehow, to guide her parents back to their home, so that they can spend Christmas, and New Years, and Easter, all together once again, they could even do a redo of Christmas, so it is like they never even missed it. Oh, one can dream...

     On the morning after she arrived back from Grimmauld Place, while she is getting ready for the day ahead, Hannah comes up to her, which is weird because they haven't spoken since the walk back from the meeting after Belle and Ernie's date. They room together, so they have talked, just not as often, and not in the way they did before Hannah took Ernie's side (she doesn't blame Hannah for it, what she did was awful), and it has sucked. Belle misses her friend, she misses having someone in her house to confide in, and she should have been the one going to Hannah.

     When she thinks about their friendship last year, about how they used to accompany each other to every class they were in together and going on Hogsmeade trips when Ginny couldn't, and just being around each other when no one else was available. Things have changed; why do things have to change? Why can't everything just stay the same, instead of her parents going missing, her friendships changing?

     "Can I talk to you?" Hannah asks, to which Belle nods, and Hannah takes a seat on her bed. It seems obvious for her to be the one apologizing, but she can't bring herself to say it. "Well, I shouldn't have taken sides, firstly. I've been worried about you, there has been a bit of talk about your parents. And I've missed you." Hannah finishes.

     Belle looks at her for a moment, thinking about the fact that there has been talk about her parents, what is that supposed to mean? Only a few people know that her parents are missing—how has anyone else found out?

     "I've missed you, too, but, um, what do you mean by there's been talk about my parents?" she says, and Hannah sighs.

     "Well...you did go to the Weasley's over the holidays, so Ernie was suspicious, and he started asking around because he thought something was going on. Well, Elliott told him," says Hannah.