vii. Defying Umbridge

( DEFYING UMBRIDGE )

✧*

     BELLE IS NOT, AND NEVER WILL BE, a rule breaker. She was the type of child who took the blame for anything her sister broke, and would usually clean it up, even if her parents knew who did it. And she didn't mind because she would rather take the blame than her sister, anyway, and own up to it, because she knows her sister never will. It's weird because, in a lot of cases, younger siblings are usually the ones taking the blame for things their older siblings do, but not in this case. So, in short, Belle is sort of a rule breaker...but she always owns up to it...and she never intentionally breaks rules (she sounds like such a goody-two-shoes right now...)

     When she sees the parchment hanging in the Hufflepuff common room stating that any sort of group (that hasn't been approved) is now banned, she gets a little worried. Super worried because they cannot possibly continue with their plans now that this rule has been enforced, can they? There is absolutely no way that Umbridge would ever approve a group like theirs, but at the same time, she can't help but feel a little disappointed, if it isn't continuing, how will they pass their OWLs? Ernie and Hannah already know when Belle comes to find them, and they huddle together so no one can overhear.

     "I don't know...I thought about it over the weekend, and I think that we should still do it. It's about passing our OWLs, right? And learning how to defend ourselves? It could be really useful," Hannah says at breakfast, but all Belle can think about is, yep, we're all probably going to get expelled.

     "You're not worried at all?" Ernie asks.

     "I am," Belle says, and Ernie looks at her as if thinking the same thing.

     Hannah shrugs. "I guess so, but as long as they find a good place to do it, I'm sure we won't have to worry,"

     "I wonder where they're going to do it? Maybe the elves will let us use the kitchens..." she suggests.

     "The kitchens aren't big enough for all of us," says Hannah, "There is good food though, so maybe that isn't such a bad idea. Ooh, I hope they bring snacks to the meetings. I can't focus on an empty stomach." Belle smiles before noticing Harry, Hermione and Ron arriving at the Gryffindor table.

     "Should we go up and ask them now?" Belle says, and the other two agree, so they get up and head towards the Gryffindor table. But as soon as they get close, Hermione is mouthing at them. Belle glances at Ron, who has a small smile on his face.