x. Ernie...Again?

( ERNIE

( ERNIE...AGAIN? )

✧*

     RON WEASLEY COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT Belle would even consider going out with Ernie Macmillan, and he thinks about it when he leaves The Three Broomsticks with Hermione, Harry and Violet. He thinks that because for one — Ernie is bloody annoying, and two, he's definitely out of her league and doesn't deserve her, according to him. If she liked him, she would have paired with him in the DA, wouldn't she? Stupid Ernie, taking advantage of her, probably. It's the same way he feels about Ginny going out with Michael Corner, well, he thinks it is...Belle's a sister to him, he's always seen her as his sister's best friend, and even though she's the same age as him, he's always seen her as if she is younger, right? She's just his second sister, so why does he feel...jealous?

     "They're kind of cute, aren't they?" Hermione says on their walk back to Hogwarts, as it's getting colder now, and Violet has quidditch practise this afternoon, and he scowled when she mentioned it. 

     "Yeah right. Ernie is bloody annoying, he just wanted us to leave," says Ron, and Hermione eyes him suspiciously. He looks away.

     "He was on a date, Ron. I'm sure you wouldn't want us butting in if you were on a date." Hermione replies, and Violet laughs.

     "Who would want to go on a date with him?" Ron and Harry turn to glare at her, they're not happy that Hermione dragged her along with them (as she's been doing quite often), without asking them first. 

     "Violet," Hermione warns, and Violet rolls her eyes, but doesn't say a word.

     "You don't think Belle wanted to go on a date with that prick? He's not her type," says Ron.

     "How do you know what her type is? Do you like her or something?" Harry butts in, and Ron's taken aback. Like? No way, he's just keeping an eye out for her, that's all. Like a brother would do.

     "Sounds like it," Violet says, and Hermione nudges her. "Just saying." 

     "No way! She's like a sister to me," he says, and the three of them fall into a different conversation, but he doesn't participate in it. And as if, on instinct, he turns around to find Belle and Ernie standing beside The Three Broomsticks, in what he presumes to be a heated argument, and his assumption is proven when Ernie storms off angrily. He wants to go and see if Belle's okay because she doesn't look okay, but in the back of his mind, he's glad that they've had a fight, and how sick is he to think that?

     Ernie left Belle in the cold after she told him that she couldn't see him as more than just a friend. He wasn't mean about it, he was just upset, which is understandable (he had prepared this date for months). But as much as she wanted to like him, and wanted to be in some kind of relationship, she just couldn't, so she had to be honest about it. She doesn't want to lie to someone who has always been there for her, as much as it hurt him. So, now she's freezing, watching him make his way back to the castle, wondering if they'll ever be friends again. He's never going to forgive her. Ever.