Chapter Ten: Scoops Troop

"What is that?" You said.

"There's something in there!" Mike exclaimed. Everyone was terrified, El kept crying in pain and the thing kept moving inside.

"Keep her awake okay?" Jonathan said and quickly stood up, running away to look for something to help her.

All the kids started talking loudly, it was mainly none sense but it seemed to help, her eyes were not closing. Their voices mixed together with chants of "El", Mike was shaking her softly.

This poor girl, you made a mental note to protect her no matter what. As far as you knew, she had suffered a lot.

"Stay awake" Mike said "Let's get her on this side" they moved her a little. She had stopped crying but she was drifting off.

"It's not actually that bad" Robin said as the kids moved El carefully with Steve's help "There was a... the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg and the bone came out her knee" Erica, the ginger girl and you looked at her "It was insane"

"Robin" You said and she looked at you "You are not helping"

"I'm sorry" she answered. Jonathan came back, he had a knife and a plastic glove.

"El" he said "this is gonna hurt like hell okay?"

"Okay" she sobbed.

"I need you to stay real still, you're gonna bite down on this" he placed a wooden spoon in her mouth. She bit down hard, you quickly grabbed her hand and she squeezed it tightly.

"Holy shit" Dustin looked at you. Jonathan approached the knife to her wound.

"Do it" Mike said.

Jonathan nodded "Okay" he sliced the knife on the wound. El screamed. She squeezed your hand tighter and you soothingly traced circles on her hand with your thumb.

Once the wound was opened again Jonathan pushed the knife aside. He carefully entered the wound with his fingers and everyone exclaimed in disbelief and disgust. He moved his fingers inside trying to reach the moving thing.

"Jonathan!" Nancy screamed.

"Stop talking!" He said "Goddammit!"

"Stop it!" El screamed "Stop! Stop!" Jonathan quickly pulled his fingers out and looked at her "I can do it"

What? You thought.

You hesitantly helped her sit down. She quickly extended her arm towards the wound. The thing inside moved more and she wailed.

Eleven screamed, the crystal behind you shattered and you covered yourself and Dustin as Eleven continued with what she was doing. The creature was out of the wound and she threw it aside harshly with her mind powers. It screeched as it hit the floor.

You looked at the creature in disgust as it tried to escape. A boot stepped on it. And Joyce, Hopper and another guy came into view. El's nose was bleeding badly as she struggled to catch her breath.

Everyone gathered around, to explain what has happening. Hopper embraced Eleven and they sat on the bench in front of the fountain next to Joyce.

"The Mind Flayer built this monster to kill Eleven and pave his way into our world" Mike explained "And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it" Nancy continued.

"And how big is this thing?" Hopper asked, stroking El's hair softly.

"Thirty feet at least" Jonathan said and Lucas agreed. Steve was pacing, Robin was listening intensely to the conversation as she sat on the fountain and you were standing next to Dustin "It sorta destroyed your cabin" Hopper looked so done after Lucas said that "Sorry" he whispered.