Chapter 2: The Tussle

Ellie was sitting at the dining room table doing homework. It was fall and school had been in for a little over a month. She was in the 6th grade. She was one of youngest she just turned twelve at the end of August. As she was sitting there she heard yelling. She got up and opened the back door to the porch that started at the front of house and went the whole way around the house. She saw her brothers Jesse and John rolling around on the grass and yelling. Ellie sighed and rolled her eyes. She walked over to them.

"Jesse, John" said Ellie.

They didn't answer her, she wasn't even sure if they knew she was there.

She heard them yelling about a girl name Kate.

"She is mine!" yelled Jesse.

"Is not, I just broke up with her!" yelled John back.

They were still tussling on the ground.

"You broke up with her two weeks ago, thats not breaking the bro code" said Jesse.

"You can't date your brother's ex-girlfriend" said John.

"I don't see why its such a big deal!" yelled Jesse.

"GUYS!" she yelled. They still didn't answer.

"Oh I feel....like Im going to faint" said Ellie falling to the ground pretending to faint. She peaked her eyes open. They were still fighting.

"Fine whatever fight over a girl!" yelled Ellie, she walked off to the front of the house she heards someone pull in.

TJ got out of his truck.

"Whats all that noise?" asked TJ.

"John and Jesse are fighting over some girl named. John broke up with her and now John is dating her" said Ellie.

"Wait, Jesse is dating John's ex-girlfriend?" questioned TJ.

"Ya why?" asked Ellie.

"Whats her name?" asked TJ.

"Kate I think" said Ellie.

"Wait Im dating Kate!" said TJ.

He ran to the back of the house. Ellie ran after him.

"Great" said Ellie throwing her arms up in the air.

TJ managed to get them to stop.

"Jesse, I'm dating Kate!" yelled TJ.

"No I am!" yelled Jesse.

"We had our first date last night" said TJ.

"Well we had our first date last weekend!" yelled Jesse, "And besides one date doesn't mean your dating."

"Neither of you are dating Kate!" yelled John.

"Shut up!" yelled Jesse and TJ at the same time. They then got in another fighting.

Ellie was sitting on the steps just watching them. She then got an idea. She got up and went over the hose. She turned it on and brought it close to them.

"I'm going to regret this later" said Ellie to herself.

She squeezed the handle and water came flying out. She sprayed her brothers. They all stopped and put up their arms trying to protect themselves from the water.

"ELLIE!" they all yelled.

"What the hell was that for!" yelled Jesse.

"You guys are attacking like idiots" said Ellie.

"Well you didn't have to squirt us" said TJ.

"Ya I did you weren't listening to me" said Ellie.

They all got up and brushed themselves off then all stormed off into the house, holding their heads from pain. They all changed then came back down stairs.

They all tried to leave, but Ellie stopped them.

"Your not leaving" said Ellie as she tried to move them to the living room. They all sat down on the couch and Ellie went and got them ice for their heads and bruises. She then sat down on the audimin in front of them

"Why are you all fighting over a girl?" asked Ellie.

"Because she is mine" said Jesse.

"No she is mine" said TJ.

"She is neither of yours she is mine" said John.

"Whatever, that's not the point" said Ellie, "So John you broke up with her two weeks ago, Jesse you starting dating her last week, and TJ you went on a date with her last night?"

"Ya" they all said.

"So whats the problem with that?" asked Ellie.

"You can't date another guys ex till week after the break up" said John.

"Well its been two weeks" said Ellie, "So why is that a problem?"

"Because you also don't date your brother's ex at all" said John staring down Jesse and TJ.

"Well I don't why you would care" said Ellie.

"Its weird, he would bring her around and that's just awkward" said John.

"Ok I get that, that would be awkward" said Ellie.

"Well what I think none of you should date her, because she obviously dating two guys at once, for obvious reason.." said Ellie.

"Alrigth Ellie!" said Jesse, "Don't take that any further, I'm not having that conversation with my twelve year old sister."

"Fine, but I don't know why you two would want to be dating a girl that is cheating on you with your own brother" said Ellie.

"I guess your right" said Jesse.

"Fine I won't date her" said Jesse.

"Me either" said TJ, "Lets both call her now."

"Fine" said Jesse.

"Thank you!" said John.

Ellie got up and kissed each one their cheeks.

"Remember that I'm always right" said Ellie as she skipped off to finish her homework.

"Guys did our twelve year old little sister, just solve our girl problems?" asked Jesse.

"Ha ya she did" said TJ.

"Thats sad" said John, "I have to go"

"Me to" said TJ and Jesse getting up and leaving.

Later that night, Edward came home from work.

"Hi sweet heart" said Edward kissing his daughter on the head.

He opened up the freezer to get some ice from the freezer.

"Ellie where's all the ice?" asked Edward.

"Oh I used it for TJ, John, and Jesse" said Ellie.

"Why?" questioned her father curiously.

"They got in a fight over a girl" said Ellie.

"With who?" yelled Edward.

"Themselves" said Ellie.

Edward shook his head.

"Don't worry dad, I fixed it" said Ellie smiling.

Edward smiled back.