Chapter 3: The Revenge

That weekend Ellie was swinging on her swing, with Tucker laying right next to her. Ellie was always at this swing. It was her thinking spot, her spot when she was bored, or when she was upset. If you couldn't find Ellie she was probably here. It was behind the house at the top of a small hill. Her brothers or at least she thought her brothers were all at work. She was though wrong. She hadn't heard them come up the road. Jesse, John and TJ ran into the house.

"Mom where's Ellie Jane?" asked Jesse.

"On the swing" said Nancy.

"Ya, why did I even ask" said Jesse.

"Please don't get her hurt or upset her. I am not in any mood to deal with that" said Nancy.

"We won't, we just need to get her back for the other day" said TJ.

"I never did get that whole story" said Nancy.

"Its not big deal" said John, trying to change the subject.

"Really?" questioned Nancy.

"Really" said John.

"Whatever, but if Elizabeth Jane gets hurt or upset, its your problem not mine" said Nancy, "Got it?" Nancy never called her anything else but Elizabeth Jane.

"Ya, ya we got it" said Jesse.

"Im serious!" she yelled as the ran out the back door.

They slowly crept up the hill.

Jesse grabbed her from behind and pulled her off the swing.

She screamed

"Jesse you scared me" said Ellie sighing. She turned to see her other brothers, "Oh great."

They all smiled.

"I never did apologize for the water, did I?" said Ellie.

"Nope" said John.

"Its a little late for that" said TJ.

"I could just scream and dad will come out of the barn and you will all be in trouble" said Ellie.

Jesse slipped his hand over her mouth.

She folded her arms.

Keeping his hand over her mouth, he picked her up and carried her away. TJ and John following.

Will found them

"Hey whats going on?" asked Will.

"Revenge from yesterday" said TJ.

"Ha, can I help?" asked Will.

"Sure" said Jesse, "Any suggestions?"

By this time Tucker was barking loudly. He could always tell when Ellie was upset.

"Shut up Tuck" said John.

"Will take him in the house" said TJ.

Will was pulling and struggling to get Tucker in the house.

He finally did.

Nancy could hear Tucker barking and came downstairs.

"Mom don't let him out" said Will.

"I told your brothers I don't want to know" said Nancy.

"OK, just don't let him out" said Will.

"I don't want to know!" she yelled as she walked away.

Will came back

"Hey I thought of something" he said, "The mud pit"

"Excellent" said Jesse.

Ellie shook her head.

They all smiled and headed off to the mud pit in the woods.

They soon arrived there. Jesse threw Ellie in. She screamed, but got up and started throwing mud at them.

"Hey! Hey!" they yelled.

"Back fire!" yelled Ellie.

They soon all got in a mud fight. The were all yelling and screaming.

Nancy couldn't take Tucker's barking and let him out. He ran straight to the mud pit and soon was getting hit by mud.

Edward meanwhile had no idea what was going on, so ran to the woods.

"Hey!" yelled Edward as he got smacked in the face with mud by Will.

They all stopped.

"Sorry dad" said Will.

Edward couldn't help but get a smile on his face.

"I swear you all will never grow up will you" said Edward.

The all shrugged.

"Alright, whatever, but this is enough. Go get cleaned up" said Edward, "And don't leave your sister here either."

He knew his sons all to well.

TJ helped Ellie get out. They all walked back to the house.

Edward was in the kitchen.

"What happened?" asked Nancy laughing.

"I don't know they were having a mud fight" said Edward smiling.

He helped him get cleaned up, but then heard the kids coming and ran outside.

"Hey you aren't coming in here" said Nancy, "Use the hose, because you aren't messing up the house. I will get you some towels and clean that dog up."

They all went to the hose and started cleaning each other off. It was cold outside and Ellie was shivering. Jesse wrapped a towel around her then carried her into the house. They all went to change. Then it was time for dinner. They all sat around the table about ready to eat. Luke was late and came running down the steps.

"Sorry was studying" said Luke, "Lost track of time."

"Of course you were" said Will.

Luke gave him a look.

The front door open. It was Chace. Ellie jumped up and ran to him. He was gone for two weeks for some trip with friends.

"Chace!" she yelled as she jumped into his arms. He grabbed her and hugged her and then kissed her forehead.

"Hey sunshine" said Chace.

They each had their own nicknames for Ellie. To Jesse she was String Bean, to TJ she was Red, to John she was Freckles, to Luke she was Pumpkin and to Will she was Munchkin or Monkey.

"Your just in time for dinner" said Nancy coming around the corner to give him a hug.

"Is there enough?" asked Chace.

"Of course there is" said Nancy.

Chace set Ellie down and took her hand and they headed to dinner.