Chapter 27: Punishment

Ellie was awaken by her father early saturday morning.

"Elizabeth Jane up now, get breakfest then outside" said Edward.  

Ellie got up and did as she was told, she was so regreting the day. She knew she was in deep trouble. She soon headed downstairs to get breakfest and face her mother. Nancy put pancakes in front of her.

"Elizabeth Jane, you know how worried we were?" asked Nancy.

"I did think about it, but know seems to want to fix what happened with John, and he didn't want to talk, so I decided I was going to talk to him" said Ellie.

"You don't decide that kind of thing, what happened it complicated and I know you don't understand. It is something twelve year olds don't try and fix" said Nancy.

"I knew you were going to say" said Ellie.

"I would watch what you say young lady" said Nancy, "You are only going to make things worse."

"You are grounded for a week" said Nancy.

Ellie was going to say something back, but decided against it.

"Yes mam" said Ellie.

"Thank you, now go outside your father is waiting" said Edward.

Ellie got her coat, gloves, hat and boots on and headed outside. Her father was waiting with a snow shovel.

"The sidewalk needs shovled, the whole sidewalk around the house, everywhere, when you are done I have something else to do" said Edward.

Ellie didn't complain, she took the shovel. It was going to take forever. Ususally her brothers did. She started shoveling. It was hard and she was getting tired and was barely done. Chace pulled up, great she thought. He got out of the truck and walked to her. She didn't look up. She saw his boots stop in front of her and then she looked up. He gave her a look.

"I'm sorry for hiding in your truck and making you all worried" said Ellie.

"Thank you for apologizing. I know you wanted to talk to John, but that was the wrong way to do it" said Chace.

"I know it wasn't, now I think I only made things worse" said Ellie.

Chace looked down at her.

"I doubt it" said Chace. He pulled her in for a hug, and then he grabbed a shovel and started to help her. 

It didn't take long for Edward to come out.

"Chace she is doing it alone" said Edward sticking his head out the door. 

"Sorry sunshine" said Chace. Ellie sighed. Chace put the shovel down and headed inside.

"Dad, you are really making her do it alone" said Chace.

"Yes Chace, she needs to be punished" said Edward.

"She twelve, but the size of a ten year old, its going to take her all day" said Chace.

"Chace" said Edward.

"Yes sir" said Chace walking away upstairs.

He walked in to TJ and Luke's room. He sat down on the bed and sighed.

"What?" asked Luke with a laugh.

"Dad's make Ellie shovel the snow from the sidewalk" said Chace.

"So?" said Luke, "She hid in Chace's truck and didn't tell anyone, she deserves it."

"Luke I would think you would have more simpathy" said Chace.

"Weren't you the one who freaked out on her?" said TJ.

"Ya, but I feel bad, now you didn't hear her yell at John, I thought John was going to cry" said Chace.

"Whatever, we baby her way to much" said Luke.

"We! Luke you baby her the most" said TJ.

"You know how worried I was!" yelled Luke.

"Dude we all were" said Chace.

"Whatever" said Luke walking out.

Chace shook his head.

"This family is shit messed up" said TJ, "I should have stayed in LA."

"Thats real nice TJ" said Chace.

"You can't sit here and say right now things aren't really messed up" said TJ.

"Ya they are, but we need to try and fix it, now yell and get mad at each other" said Chace.

"Whatever I have to go" said TJ grabbing his guitar and leaving.

Chace head downstairs to and decided to leave. He walked out the door.

"Where are you going?" asked Ellie.

"I have work to do" said Chace kissing her head.

TJ walked out the door to and said nothing.

Ellie realized she messed things, now everyone was mad at her well not Chace. Will came out.

"Hows it going?" asked Will sarcastically.

"Not now please" said Ellie.

"Sorry" said Will, "I would help, but I would get in trouble with dad."

 "Will can I ask you something?" asked Ellie.

"What?" asked Will.

"I think I made things worse, now everyone is mad at me" said Ellie.

"Ellie, I know everything that goes on around here, John called dad last night and wanted to talk and apologize, TJ, and Luke are just mad, because they were worried about you" said Will.

"So you think I fixed it" said Ellie.

"Well you fixed one thing, just apologize to them like you did Chace and that will fix it" said Will with a smile then he hugged her.

"Since when did you get smart?" asked Ellie with a smirk.

Will smiled.

"Just shovel" said Will.

Ellie hit him with the shovel. He laughed and walked away.

"Hey Will!" she yelled, he turned around.

"I'm sorry" said Ellie.

Will smiled and walked away.

Ellie sooned finished the sidewalk and laid down on the back porch.

Edward walked out.

"Meet Luke in the barn" said Edward.

Ellie sighed, got up, and walked to the barn. He wasn't in there yet so she sat down on a crate. He soon walked in with boards, and a tool belt.

"Lets go" said Luke.

They were going to fix where, Ellie fell in.

"Luke?" said Ellie.

He stopped and looked at her.

"I'm so sorry for everything" said Ellie, "I'm sorry I made you all worried, I'm sorry hid in Chace's truck and I'm sorry I made you all mad."

Luke got a slight smiled.

"Thank you Ellie" said Luke, Ellie hugged him, he hugged her back and kissed her head.

"Lets get this done" said Luke.

They started to climb the loft, Luke helped Ellie. Luke showed her how to fix it and she helped.