Chapter 28: Apologies

Luke sooned finished fixing the loft. He turned to see Ellie fast asleep on the ground. He smiled. Jesse walked in just in time.

"Guess who is here?" said Jesse.

"John?" asked Luke.

"Ya he is talking to dad" said Jesse.

"Great" said Luke.

"Where is Ellie?" asked Jesse.

"Asleep" said Luke he picked her up and handed her down to Jesse, then he climbed down.

"How do you think its going to go down with him and this one?" asked Jesse.

"One of two things, Ellie refuses to talk to him, or she does and it either goes well or bad" said Luke.

"From what Chace told me, I'm going to go with refusing to talk" said Jesse.

"Personally I'm in no mood to talk to him either" said Luke putting away the tools.

They headed inside. 

"Here take her boots off, so they make the floor a mess" said Jesse. Luke slipped Ellie's boots off adn then her coat and gloves and hat. Jesse laid her down on the couch. John was talking to Edward for a long while a good hour. Johns soon came out, he looked at Ellie asleep on the couch, but kept walking, he went outside and sat on Ellie's swing. Ellie soon woke up, she walked past the window and saw him there, so she got her coat, boots, hat, and gloves on. Chace walked in at this moment, he said nothing to her, just kissed her forehead. Ellie walked out to the swing. Luke was in his room and watched from the window. Jesse walked in.

"What are you doing?" asked Jesse.

"Watching" said Luke.

Jesse looked.

"Oh" said Jesse.

Outside, Ellie came up behind John.

"A good place to think isn't it?" asked Ellie.

John turned and got a sorrowful look on his face. He then said something.

"You were right about it all, I did need to get over myself, and stop blaming things on everyone else. Its my fault. I need to do better then I have been. I need to be a better brother to you and everyone else" said John.

"Well I was wrong, for one hiding in Chace's truck and two for yelling at you the way I did" said Ellie.

"The hiding thing yes, but the yelling at me, no someone needed to you. I'm just mad at myself that it took my little sister, to knock some sense into me" said John.

"Well I hate you not being here" said Ellie.

"I hate it to" said John, "Dad said I need to prove to him that I have changed before he lets me back in."

"Do it soon, because I miss you. Remember I said you were the worse brother ever, well I didn't mean it. I was just mad" said Ellie.

"I know, but I was the worse brother ever, but I'm going to change that" said John,

Ellie smiled.

"I love you" said Ellie.

"I love you to" said John getting up, picking her up and hugging her. He put her down, she took his hand and they walked to the house. John went to find Jesse and Luke.

"Guys" he said sitting down on the bed.

"I want to apologize for acting like an idiot and an all around jack***" said John.

"Did it go well with Ellie?" asked Jesse.

"Ya" said John, "I was especially a jack*** to her and I'm regretting every minute of it, I'm regretting every minute of all the stupid things I did."

Luke smiled and gave him brother a hug. Jesse hestitated and then did.

"Your my twin brother I can't hate you forever" said Jesse.

John went downstairs to talk to his mom. They made up and he apologized for everything.  He had already apologized to Chace back at the apartment. He also apologized to Will.

"Ya you where a jerk, but I was like whatever" said Will, "Plus I was kinda confused about it all"

John laughed. They hugged.

Later that night TJ came back home. John and Ellie both got up.

"I have to talk to him" said Ellie.

"No I do" said John.

"Not if I get there first" said Ellie running up the stairs. She jumped on his bed.

"Ha" she said to John.

"John" said TJ.

"Talk to her first" said John.

"TJ I'm sorry for running away and hiding in Chace's truck and making you all worried" said Ellie.

TJ smiled.

"Thank you" said TJ. Ellie hugged him.

"Now you have to talk to John" said Ellie.

TJ smiled. She skipped out.

John walked in.

"I'm sorry for everything that I did, how I was a jack*** to you and everyone else" said John.

"Thanks" said TJ, "I know you were just trying to figure shit out."

"Ya, but thats still not an excuse for being a jack***" said John.

"Maybe" said TJ.

They hugged.

Later that night, Ellie was just about to climb in bed, she sat down, as John walked in. He sat down next to her.

"Tell me the truth are you still mad at me?" asked John.

"No" said Ellie, "I was just trying to get you to think clearly and be yourself."

"You know you very smart, and maybe we treat you to much a like baby" said John.

"Sometimes" said Ellie, "but am I to old for you to read to me?" 

He laughed.

"No" he said.

 Ellie climb into bed. John tucked her in.

"What book? theres about a billion" said John.

"The Hobbit?" said Ellie happily.

"Why not" said John he grabbed the book and came over. He sat down and wrapped an arm around her and began to read. He read for awhile, but then she fell asleep. He slowly moved his arm away and laid her back and pulled her blankets up and gave her, her bear. He kissed forehead and left turning out the lights and slowly shutting the door. Nancy was standing there with a smile.

"Thank you" said Nancy, "I'm glad this family is back."

"Me to" said John, "I'm sorry I messed it up."

"It wasn't just you it was all of us" said Nancy.

John smiled and they hugged.

He headed downstairs. Edward stopped him.

"Son thank you" said Edward, "You have shown me you have changed. What you did with everyone, but especailly your little sister. If you want to you can move back in anytime."

"Really?" asked John.

"Yes" said Edward.

"Thanks dad" said John.

They hugged. John left. He stood at this truck though and looked at his home. He thought to himself, how could he ever, screw this up. He had a great life, and a great family and he almost let it slip away.