CHAPTER # 7

Maria's father : Ahmed
Anita's father : Abraham

Maria sighed , she did get the permission to go to the college after all , the only college in her village .

This time more than studying , the idea to get to meet Ali everyday was what excited her the most .

              It was a regular thing for Maria and Anita to go to each other's house and study together , her father didn't object to that because Anita's father (Abraham) was a rich man and they had made a contract years ago .

~
This goes way back , when Maria was just 10 years old and friends with Anita .
Ahmed and Abraham were also best friends , and Abraham knew well that Ahmed never wanted a daughter , and felt her as a burden , so one day Ahmed and Abraham made a contract that Abraham will take Maria as his wife in the future and in return of her he will give Ahmed a very big piece of his land .
Abraham knew very well how avaricious Ahmed was , and so the contract was finalized .

( Note this that Abraham did have a son but he rather chose himself to marry the little girl )
~

In the name of meeting Anita , she instead used to go out with Ali . It used to happen often .

                   Sitting under a large tree , where they both had carved the first letter of their name on the trunk , they used to talk about , love and life together .

" I told my parents about us " as Ali said this , Maria spit the water out of her mouth " you what ? "
Ali was worried if she got some up her nose so he started patting her back , " are you okay ? "
She removed his hand and said " no , of course I'm not " ,
" Oh God wait I'll get more water or something to lessen down the burning you maybe feeling up in your throat .... I'll ...."
She groaned " stop it Ali , nothing happened to me , I'm fine "
" But you said you weren't okay "
" Yes about this that you told your parents about us , what were you thinking , they might tell my father . He'll kill me OH GOD , he might kill you ...  " Now she was rambling

" Shush , shush , Maria .. stop " , he looked into her eyes , " now take deep breaths , " Maria obliged .
" Very good , inhale .... And .... Exhale" , " Perfect , now listen " ,
" nothing will happen to either of us , I did tell my parents but they were very very happy , and they want to meet you "

" Whattttttt " she said at the top of her lungs , " I , I ... What am I , Oh God " she was full on panicking , biting her nails and scratching her head .
But Ali smiled instead of stopping her " you are perfect " he said and Maria stopped , forgetting all about it .

They  looked at each other for the longest time .
Wiping away every thought and thing around them .....

The next chapter will be coming soon ...... 📖
Continue reading
Do vote & comment ....😊