CHAPTER # 11

Ali woke up with a jolt , eyes adjusting to the dim light in the room .
" You're up boy , how do you feel now" ,said his father .
His throat felt very dry and rusty . There on the side table , was a bottle of water , he tried to reach to it , but his body felt very weak and his right hand was attached to a tube which opened into a large bag hanging on the stand .

His father brought the straw near his lips and he drank a few sips to reduce the dryness in his throat .

" Father , where is Maria ? " Tear drops started to fall from his eyes , all he could see and remember was her bruised face .
" Here , drink this soup and you'll feel better " his mother brought a bowl of soup and sat beside him on the bed .
" No mom , I need to find her , she was hurt " , he tried to get up , but was too weak .

"Ali , listen to me " , " stop Ali , hear me out first " his mother tried to stop him , and calm him down .
" We have no idea where she is , we all are worried too , so to find out , you need to get well . Drink up so you can heal and we'll all find her , okay "

Ali didn't want anything , all he wanted to know was if she was okay .

                Maria woke up in a dark room , the only light illuminating was from a hole in the door .
Her head was pounding , like someone had kicked her on the head several times .

She tried to adjust to the dimness of the room and looked around , " mom , mom " she cried out
Tears sprung from her eyes and as the salty water touched her cheek the bruises started to burn .

" Ahhh " it was very painful , she could feel her face all bruised up , it was paining a lot .
She reached to the door , and started banging , " mom open up , I'm scared please "
The door knob moved and opened up to reveal her mother standing with a tray in her hand . Her eyes were watery , she hugged her and they cried for what felt like forever .

" Mom I want to go out , mom " .
" Shush , if your father will hear us , he will get more angry " , " but mom "

" Look , first eat something , and get your bandages done , then we will talk " , her mother gently taped up her bruises .
While all Maria could think of was Ali .
" Mother do you know how he is ?" She asked , her mother looked up and said " I don't know , don't say his name or talk about him , your father is still very furious "

" See you have to stay here until I lower down his temper , then I can get you out ",

" there is no way out now … "
She flinched at her father's authoritative voice , " but dad , it's really dark in here and .... "
" Shut up " , he roared .

" And you , make her eat and lock her down once again " . With that said , her father left them .

" I will do something , you just need to stay strong okay " said her mother , she hugged her and they both cried until Maria again fell into a deep slumber .