Bonus

Smut warning: this is not important to the story someone just asked me to write a bonus chapter
Location: Jade and Lance's apartment in downtown New York City
Lance gets up and walks toward Jade. "We'll see, it depends on how well you perform now that you're fed." Running a hand over Jade's chest was all it took for Lance to be chased down the hallway.

The two hadn't gotten to their room before Jade caught up with Lance; slamming him against the wall and pulling both their shirts off. The two slowly made their way to the bed both leaving trails of hickeys on the other.

Lance put his arms around Jade's lower back pulling him closer. The two fought for dominance.

Jade won in the end and climbed on top of Lance littering his face and neck with kisses. Lance started to grind upward and Jade gasped. Allowing Lance to further push his tongue into Jade's mouth.

Jade lowers himself onto Lance pushing against his lover. Lance could feel Jade's member growing through both their jeans. He thrusts upward hoping to gain dominance.

Jade fingers the zipper on Lance's jeans for a second before giving up and ripping them off. Lance desperately fights for dominance but Jade wasn't having it.

Jade slowly pushed into his lover. Lance moans with excitement and slips his arms around Jade.

Jade moved faster and in turn, Lance arches his back allowing for deeper exploration.

Jade could hardly contain himself. As much as he tried dirty vampire tendencies were dirty vampire tendencies. This was what vampires did. They would seduce their pray then kill them. It was completely unnecessary but it had always made him feel better about killing someone. The knowledge he had given them a good time.

Jade was so caught up in thinking about what he had done in the past he didn't realize history was about to repeat itself.

Jade's eyes were pitch black and his fangs were visible he was moving faster and harder than he had wanted to. In a moment of panic, Jade stopped not knowing what he had done. He wasn't sure if it was out of instinct or something else but Jade started moving again.

Lance held onto the bedsheets as tight as he could. "Jade... Jade, I'm gonna..." Lance came and Jade slowly pulled out. "But you didn't-"

Jade cuts him off, "No, you came, the moments over, enjoy it, it's ok." Lance slowly lay down next to Jade.
How could he do that? Jade had made a promise to himself that he would never put Lance in harm's way. Whether it was with him or any other vampire or anything from his past. Lance would be protected. He had to be. Jade couldn't live with himself if he knew that he was the reason the man he loved died.