Jason's Talent

All of the Bat Brothers have some sort of talent. At some point, they all show it. This is reactions to Jason's.

Jason stayed at the manor while Damian, Tim, Dick, Bruce, and Alfred went out to go shopping. Jason had 'forgotten' to do his chores, most likely so he wouldn't have to go on the family bonding trip. 

Jason thought they would take a while, and while he was washing the dishes that Alfred left, so Alfred wouldn't need more work to do, he decided to start singing.

He and his mom, Catherine, loved to sing. Before she got started on drugs, she and he would sing, and she said with his voice and acting skills, he could get on Broadway. Once she died, though, his dreams of that were shattered, Jason didn't want to do it without her. He also stopped singing in front of people once he went to live with Bruce.

No one, not even Alfred, had ever heard him sing. They didn't know what they were missing.

However, Jason was wrong. They had finished shopping early after Damian, Tim, and Dick all got themselves banned from the store. 

They were walking in when they heard Jason sing.

This is a black, black ski mask song,

So put, all of your anger on.

In the truly gruesome do we trust,

I will always land on you, like a sucker punch.

They quietly crept in and spied on him in the kitchen. They could see him washing the dishes, while sort-of dancing to the music. Tim and Dick started to record Jason. They all never knew he could sing like an angel!

Singing "I am your worst, I am your worst nightmare."

"I am your worst, I am your worst nightmare."

They watched him spin around, before continuing to sing.

If you knew, knew what the bluebirds sing at you,

You, would never sing along!

Cast them out, cause, this is our culture.

These new flocks are nothing but vultures!

Jason started to clean the counter, wiping the rag in time to his singing.

Because they took our love and they filled it up,

Filled it up with Novocaine and now I'm just numb!

They were surprised he sang in tune. It was a very high note!

Now I'm just numb!

And don't mind me, I'm just a son of a gun,

So don't stop, don't stop, until your heart goes numb!

Now I'm just numb!

I don't feel a thing for you!

By now, the Bats were all moving some part of their body to the beat. They'd heard this song somewhere...

I'm just a problem that doesn't want to be solved,

So could you please hold your applause.

Take this sideshow and all its freaks,

And turn it, into the silver screen dream.

Tim whispered, "Hey, isn't this Novocaine by Fall Out Boy?"

Dick thought for a minute, then nodded.

Singing "I am your worst, I am your worst nightmare."

"I am your worst, I am your worst nightmare."

If you knew, knew what the bluebirds sing at you,

You, would never sing along!

Cast them out, cause, this is our culture.

These new flocks are nothing but vultures!

Jason was all-out dancing and singing to the song.

Because they took our love and they filled it up,

Filled it up with Novocaine and now I'm just numb!

Now I'm just numb!

And don't mind me, I'm just a son of a gun,

So don't stop, don't stop, until your heart goes numb!

Now I'm just numb!

I don't feel a thing for you!

Alfred was proud of Jason. He knew Jason would only sing when he was alone, though he'd never told Jason he'd heard. He knew it was private.

Bruce was sad Jason never trusted him enough to sing in front of him but was proud.

Dick never knew Jason could sing so well and thought 'This, is his talent.'

Tim didn't think Jason could have such a lovely singing voice.

Damian wouldn't admit it, but he loved Jason's singing and vowed to try to catch him singing more.

I said one day the valley's gonna swallow me whole!

Jason sang the background singing, shaking his fist like he was chanting.

Hijack the hype! Hijack the hype!

And I feel like a photo that's been over-exposed!

Dick, Tim, and Damian gasped as Jason's vocal range went even higher.

Because they took our love and they filled it up.

Filled it up with Novocaine and now I'm just numb.

Now I'm just numb!

And don't mind me, I'm just a son of a gun,

So don't stop, don't stop, until your heart goes numb!

Now I'm just numb!

I don't feel a thing for you!

Jason ended, and Tim and Dick stopped recording. They all started applauding Jason, and he turned around and blushed the color of his helmet.

"How long were you guys there?" He demanded.

Dick smirked and said, "Long enough, Jaybird!"

Bruce questioned, "Jason, how come I've never heard you sing?"

Jason looked a little sad, and said, "Well, before my mom, Catherine, got onto drugs, we would always sing together. She said my singing and acting could get me to Broadway. After she died, I just...felt like that dream died with her. I kept it to myself...our special thing."

They all looked sad, and they all came in and gave him a group hug. Yes, even Damian.

The next day, the video Tim posted on Instagram got over 500,000 views, and even made the Gotham papers, with the headline GOTHAM'S ANGEL.

I hope y'all liked this, I'm sorry I haven't posted in forever! I've just kinda lost inspiration for writing fanfics, but I will try to update my fanfics! I've started writing for Unknown to Hero, PJO x Young Justice, Red Hood and the Young Justice Team, and I might make a new story, but I'll only publish it when I have it completed. Stay whelmed, get traught, and feel the aster!