Chapter Three - The decision

We look around for my father. I checked his chambers, a few of the who knows how many courtyards he has, the archery range, the training facility, the prisons, not that he’ll be there because we don’t hold any prisoners. I don’t even know why we have it. Everywhere.

We run into Moss in the hallway and I ask if he has seen my father.

“He was in the throne room last time I saw him. He actually sent me to look for you and see if you are alright. Are you alright Princess?”

“I’m quite alright, thankyou Moss.”

Moss nods and walks passed us. Dah! We live in a palace and we didn’t even think of checking the throne room! No wonder people at school call us the ‘Royal goons’. We were stupid enough not to think of checking the THRONE ROOM.

We reach the throne room and Zach opens the door. My father was studying the map on the wall. He turns around and gives me the fatherly smile.

“Yes Leilah, what is it?”

“I have made my decision about the letter.” I reply with the best ‘Princess-y’ voice I could muster.

“Yes, proceed.” My father also replies with his Kingly voice and business face.

Breathe in, breathe out. “In order to save Uerotina, to save my people from the hurt and suffering, I have decided to go to the human world.” Breathe in, breathe out.

My father didn’t look surprised. In fact he started to laugh. But more of a sad, expectant laugh rather than a hysterical one. “You looked exactly like your mother when you said that. Exactly the same words she said when she was in your position. Risking yourself to save others, I’m proud of you Leilah. I’m sure your mother would be to.”

I could feel the tears burning, running down my face. Not from what he said but from the earlier fear that had been circling in my head, as if my emotions finally caught up to it. I sink down to the ground. My father chuckles, leaning down in front of me.

“There is no need to be upset my Leilah. I will have someone tell Daniel your decision.”

“No! I’ll go. I want to tell him.” I say between breaths.

                                                                                   ∞

I knock on Daniels door. Zach is growing more and more anxious. Not anxious but very fidgety. “Are you absolutely sure about this?” I reply by giving him a glare as the door opens.

“Well hello! Wasn’t expecting to see you! You’re the Princess, uhm, Leilah? Right?” Daniels sarcastically loud voice echoes to hall way. I nod to both questions. “So what can I do for you Princess?”

“I have come to tell you that I have decided and agreed to come with you to the human world, as your general has requested.” I reply with I strong voice trying to show authority, which doesn’t seem to affect him at all.

“Oh thank god! That’s a relief! You know how tiring another thousand years of war would be? Nasty! Blecch!!”  

I look over to Zach with a ‘what in Uerotina?’ face, in which he returns with a lopsided shrug and a roll of his eyes. So much for encouragement.

Daniel keeps blabbering on with his imagination of another thousand years of war would be. But I cut him off. “Do you know when we’ll be leaving?”

“To be honest I have no idea. I need to contact General, which from here is by mailing. No phone calls. *sigh* Then we’ll be on our way. So I’d say two, three days tops,”

Okay, not long at all.

Daniel fixes his eyes on Zach. “Now I’ve definitely met you before but I don’t quite know if I did.”

Zach fixes his gaze on Daniel, and since he only moved his eyes he’s looking from side on view. But of course because he’s a werewolf his senses and periphery is better than any other creature. Zach’s lime eyes look like he’s trying to remember something. He keeps a straight face and says, “On the battlefield. As a wolf though.”

Daniel scrunches his face up. Obviously putting on an act but definitely trying to remember something. “OOOOHH right!! You were the one that almost shredded me to bits. Little, little bits. I was out of commission for three months! Thanks a lot for that!”

Zach looks at Daniel and gives him a smug look followed by a smirk. “You’re most very welcome!” and he walks down toward the end of the hallway and towards the Noblemen quarters.

What’s his deal?

So I’ll let you know once the portal’s ready. I suggest you get all your things ready. But make sure keep it to a minimum. It’ll be difficult to take everything.” Daniel explains.

“Thankyou.” I nod my thanks, in which in return I get an over exaggerated bow.

“Until we meet again, Princess.” I roll my eyes and walk away.

Authors Notes: 

Haiya!!!! How are you guys? 

So yeah. We finally find out a bit more about what Daniel is like and well, he is weird.

A lot of people tell me that they suspect a love triangle. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. You'll just have to wait and see! MWAHAHAA I am evil! Not really.... Leave a comment if you do want a love triangle, or if you don't. Which ever fancies you. 

Also, I wanna know who you want as the cast for this story. I am mind-blank at the moment as to who I shall cast for Truce. LEMME KNOW!!

Anyway, hope you had a nice weekend and have a great week at school. Wow did i really just say that?

TTYL bros and happy reading :) Robi :P