PART TWO: Chapter Five - General Hank revealed *shock, horror

“UGH! Man, you don’t look like it but, UGH, gosh you’re heavy!”

Daniels usual rude comments force me to open my eyes, to look right into Daniels icy blue ones.

“Why good mornin’.”

SCREECH!! I stagger back off Daniel. “Well, that was rude.” I hear him mutter.

“Where are we?” It looked a bit like Uerotina except the grass was less green and the mountains didn’t look as high.

“Welcome to the human world Princess! Of course this is one of the many countries of this world, a country called Wales. Right now we are in the countryside of Wales, away from the civilians for safe travel to and from Uerotina, and of course to keep the war hidden from the civilians. But putting that a side, why were you so heavy when you’re as skinny as a stick?” Again, with his rude comments.

“It’s because of my wings. They count as ¼ of my weight. I explain as Daniel helps me up from the ground. A least he has the common decency to do that.

“You mean the wings that are currently fading?”

“EXACTLY! Wait. What?!” I started answering with pride, which then turned to horror. I look back and like Daniel said, my wings were indeed disappearing.  I stared in dismay as I watched the last of my wings dissolve into nothing, as if they were never there.

Now I look like any other human expect with cold amethyst eyes. Great.

“Well at least you won’t stand out when you’re with us with those massive wings. Or at least the ones you had.” Daniels third rude comment and we haven’t even been here for five minutes. “Come on! Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna get in the car?” Daniel was now standing in front of a mechanism that I’ve never seen before. It was flashy black, with four wheels and a lot of windows. A long front and back. I walk up to it with caution and hop in the ‘car’ thing.

“HAHAHA! You guys were very old fashioned and had horses and carriages right? You’re gonna have to get used to, a lot of things around here.” Daniels voice and the look he gave me was full of amusement that it scared me. I didn’t let him see it though.

                                                                         …………………….

We arrived at, well, what looks like a smaller version of a palace. Like miniature. We get out of the ground and I think I have never been any happier to walk on the earth again.

Once we walk into the miniature palace, or as Daniel calls it “a mansion”, we are greeted with the view of two staircases that meet in the middle. And at the top of the staircase was a middle aged man. He came down the left where the lighting was better so it was easier to make out his appearance. He had dark hair sprinkled a few whites, slightly longer than the military cut. He was fairly built from what I can make out, roughly the same height as me and a head shorter than Daniel.

But his eyes. His eyes were what caught my full attention. Blood red. He had blood red eyes. I started to freak.

“Princess Leilah. My you have grown up since I saw you last. You have grown up into such a lovely young lady! Take on after your mother and beautiful might I add.” Regardless of the colour of his eyes they were full of emotion. Love, pride, a touch of sadness.

And it was! It was him. I could never forget him. From the military cut hair, the wrinkles on the side of his eyes from smiling too much, his ruby eyes and his name; Hank, short for-

“Uncle Hanivelius!” I scream as I run into the man’s arms for one of his well-known bear hugs. One person in the whole world I could never forget. And as weird as it was seeing him, I was really happy.

Everyone in Uerotina knows the story. Hanivelius was quite a ladies man back when he was in Uerotina. He was caught having a relationship with a human which was a big NO-NO. My father, though he was my uncle’s brother, as King he had to banish him from Uerotina. Then Hank went MIA. No one knew where he went. That was when I was seven. So about ten years ago.

“Okay, now I’m confused.” Both Hank and I break apart and look at Daniel. He actually looked confused. So I told him the story and how I was related to Hank. Then Hank took over and explained how he ended up in the human world. Which, long story short; he was mad, came here, became the general, got over his revenge rampage, sent Daniel and now here I am. Throughout the whole story Daniel’s face was serious.

But for now, Daniel take Leilah to her designated room would you. I’m sure the surroundings and the trip has made her tired. And I’m sure the new information has been a big take in as well. It would have been a filler for one day, you should rest. Tomorrows a big day too.” Hanks kind words fill the foyer as Daniel escorts me upstairs to my room.

The hallways were just as beautiful as the foyer, but I think nothing can compare to the beautifulness, is that a word? to the room that I have been allocated to.

The room so big that you could fit 10 maybe 20 of those cars in. the bed, a king size, with a grand bed head, white with its design etched in beautifully with gold outlines. The same gold outlines done on the design on the high ceiling. And the dressing table and desk both with matching chairs. The wallpaper has beautiful roses on them, the colour slightly faded giving a vintage feel to the room. At the end of the room was a large window that leads to a balcony that overlooks a rose garden. With the elegant feel of the room, it’s hard not to stare in awe.

“Victorian, European styled room fit for a princess. General Hank-erchief went overboard this time. You must be someone special for him to fit you with this kinda room.” Daniel next rude comment followed by a chuckle. *sigh. I wonder how long I’m gonna have to deal with this guy.

I notice on the wall opposite the bed was a large black screen. A tv? Yesh my dream come true! Jokes. I kid, I kid. And one either side of the TV was a door, on the right with WC and the left without. Daniel crosses the room towards the door with WC on it.

“This door leads to the bathroom. And this,” he walks across to the plain door, “leads to my room. If you need anything just knock. Oh and dinners at seven so be ready by then. I’ll wait for you outside. Rest well.” And with his becoming to be famous, over exaggerated bow, he leaves the room to his own.

Author’s notes:

Hi everyone! All I have to say is democracy sucks. Jks. IDK why I say that. Well actually, maybe because a FEW CERTAIN PEOPLE were bugging me saying, “I can’t believe you made them related?! I actually shipped them?! How could you? CHANGE IT BACK!!”

So now I stand in this position where I re-wrote the end and changed a bit in the plot. *sigh, thanks guys. And you know who you are!

Anywho I hope you enjoyed the re-written chapter for now. And if you have no idea what I’m talking about, basically, before I made Daniel and Leilah cousins. So yeah now they’re not.

TTYL bros and happy readin! Robi J