Chapter Nine - G.H has maids?

Leilah's POV

Nearly six months since my arrival and things have gone quite well. The time flew by quickly and everyday couldn't have felt anymore shorter than it does now.

Skylah went back to school, making the day quiet and it leaves me thinking of the things that have happened. Even if it stops the war, why did Hank ask for me? Why not someone else?

"Wassup Princess? Wanna take a walk? I don't think we ever finished the tour. Did we?" Daniel's head pops into my room from his bedroom door, breaking my train of thought.

I gave him a genuine smile and replyed, "I believe we haven't. Let's go!" I grabbed a jacket and we both headed out through my bedroom door.

Daniel showed me the inside of the mansion this time, taking me even to the workers quarters. It was quite a different feel in the workers quarters. Everyone seemed to be getting lunch ready. And when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE.

I accidentally bump into one of the maids that was going to bring the food up. The plate drops to the ground, leaving the fancy looking food scattered on the polished concrete.
"Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to ruin the food Miss. I'll have the chef make a new plate right away." The maid blurts everything out and leaves in a hurry leaving me looking back at her in astonishment.

For some reason she looked familiar, but I am pretty sure that that was the first encounter with her. Daniel stares back at me over his shoulder and says, "Are ya done dilly dallying already? We have other places to get through."

At first I was hesitant but I follow Daniel through the workers quarters and head to the upper levels of the mansion.

For some strange reason something kept bothering me with my encounter with the maid. Something about her was..... familiar. And when the food dropped on the floor I had the urge to apologise and head back to my room, like a grounding.

The tour was over and I was currently in my room lying on my bed staring up blankly at the ceiling, the thoughts of my encounter circling around my head making me confused more and more.

I guess the staring contest with the ceiling was quite a hard match, because I didn't notice Skylar enter the room with his usual hyperactive personality, announcing he brought a friend over.

I can hear faint voices in the background. Obviously trying to get my attention.

"Earth to Leilah, come in." -Skylar

"Yes cos that's gonna work." -Keira

"Well then you try something! Since your so good at bringing back the dead." -Skylar

"Ever thought it might be your ever so hyper personality that put her in a coma?" -Daniel

"Nice bro, high five." -Keira

"Thank you, that made my day." -Skylar

"GUYS I'M NOT DEAD!! I CAN HEAR EVERY WORD YA KNOW!!" I throw myself up to a sitting position, frustrated that the three of them standing arguing-ish.

After a few minutes of laughter from the three of them and a couple of arrogant comments from Daniel saying that his plan worked, Keira asked what was bothering me. So I explained to the two that were absent, about my encounter with the maid and told them the thoughts that kept me in a coma state.

After the explanation was over Daniel said, "Well gang. It looks like we have a mystery in our hands."

Hey guys!! Long time no update!! Hope your well!!

Sorry it took me so long for me to update... I'm currently overseas on holiday so I haven't gotten a chance to get my creative juices flowing. Everyday has been packed and since I had nothing to do today I took the chance to blow up the dam and get the creative river flowing!! As weird as that sounds.

Anyway, there you go!!
Ttyl and happy readin' -Robi :)

Oh and shout out to Fred from Scoobydoo for the last line of the chap!