"i try to master the art of that far away love"

Mary sighed as she sat in her bed. She couldn't sleep. Aj and clem came back to the school after aj was shot and mary felt disgusting for kicking him to the curb. Mary tried running her hands through her hair but it was too tangled. walker blood had smushed it together, her blonde hair had turned into almost complete brown. she felt sick to her stomach thinking about it. she got up from her bed and made her way to louis' bedroom. she snuggled in beside his warm body. he opened his eyes and looked at her.

"what do you think of my hair?" she asked.

"it's pretty" he said smiling down at her. she looked up into his chocolate brown eyes and leaned into his lips. as soon as he kissed back she wanted more. she slipped her tongue into his mouth. his tongue felt weird against hers seeming as she had never done this before. he tasted of the rabbit stew they had earlier. she moved her tongue around in his mouth. she removed her mouth from his and looked at the line of saliva between them and his red face. she smirked and closed her eyes.

"goodnight" she said.

she woke up regretting what she did last night. she honestly felt she was leading him on because she wasn't sure if she wanted to give him another chance after the clem situation. she sighed and counted the freckles on his face. she imagined lines connecting his freckles. "i'm obsessed" she thought herself. she tried getting off the bed but he wrapped his arm around her. she turned around to him smiling at her. he kissed her forehead. then her right cheek, then her left , and finally her lips. she smiled at him. it felt so good to be with him.

"lights please" he said and sunny turned off the lamp light she had on. louis normally slept in late so she decided she would too. he was so pretty. "pretty. "sunny thought about that word as she drifted off.

louis thought to himself as sunny fell asleep. he loved her. he didn't even know that was possible seeming as he didn't experience much love as a child. his parents decided that he was the scum of their shoe. which he probably deserved after causing them to divorce. he knew the reason sunny was here. and she knew why he was here. after mary or sunny had gotten pushed around by a bully for too long she had beaten his ass. he ended up in the hospital and instead of having a 'troubled' daughter they decided to sweep sunny under the rug and have another kid after they sent sunny off. sunny's eyelids fluttered open.

"good morning" she said. he instantly smiled.

"it's you." he said.

"what?"

"i love you so much, Sunny, if i'm ever gonna get married it's gonna be to you. i've met people but no one feels like you. i never wanna hurt you again"

he said . letting out a big breath after that and preparing for the worst. mary smiles at him and gave him a quick kiss. "i love you too, dork" she said. after that she got up from his bed and walked out.

he was flabbergasted. he sat there almost, almost, well star struck.

clem smiled at louis. he smiled back. louis had given her the apology she deserved and joked with her as she shot marlons old bow. clem blushed and louis didn't pay it much mind. mary didn't mind that the two were spending time together, she knew how louis felt towards clem. only a friend, she smiled to herself and went on with her day. after clem got back she warned them about raiders. and since then they had been preparing for them to come. vi had been on edge a lot but since clem had calmed her down and made her happy. mary wasn't cupid but she also wasn't born yesterday and could tell how violet felt towards clem. she just wanted violet to be happy because she is an amazing person and deserves to be happy. a conflict about a trap caused willy to punch aasim in his gut. she could see the regret in willy's face before he ran off. therefore she ran after him. she laid a hand on his small shoulder. he flinched but after realizing it was sunny he calmed down.

"i'm not here to tell you what you did was bad, but it wasn't good." sunny said. willy gave her a confused look and the two laughed like old pals who haven't talked to each other in a while . she smiled at him

"i know there a lot of stressful things going on right now and it's hard to handle but we can't turn against each other" she said to Willy. he looked at her "i didn't mean to "

"i know buddy, and i think your trap was amazing" she said smiling at him. "clem did too" he said laughing. "i think she'll pick your trap." sunny said smiling and patting his back.

"let's go apologize, bud" she said helping him up and walking over to aasim. louis observered how sunny acted like a mother, helpful, mature and so kind . she was so perfect to him. Louis decided to have some light hearted fun and play his favorite game other than baseball, war. Violet had turned it into truth or dare though and the dares and truths were hilarious. Aasim had tried to get a kiss from Ruby and she punched him in the gut. Clem discussed who she would "flip", marry, or kill. everyone was having. fun and then it was over. Clem went to the tower with vi and louis and mary went to the music room. she hopped on his piano and he played a song. she hopped down and sat beside him and laid her head on his shoulder . she looked ahead and saw their initials with a heart around them on the piano. she looked up at Louis. he looked down at her and she pushed her rough lips against his soft ones. she broke the kiss and smiled at him.the two spent a little while together.

Mary had been on edge. she looked up at clem and aj on watch and bit her lip until it bleed. Louis grabbed her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. she smiled at him and clem and aj came down for the tower.

"they're here"

everyone seemed panicked. "they've got at least four more people, all carrying guns and carts probably to carry people away", clem said sounding very serious. her hazel eyes seemed cloudy as if she was fighting a mental battle which honestly, she was. she wanted aj to have a home and not for some fucking raiders to take it away. clem looked at Aj and then suddenly an arrow flew into Omar's foot right after clem was done talking about sticking together. sunny and louis ran off one way with violet not far behind. the others all spread out as the raiders busted through the gates. one commenting on how they took the threats seriously. sunny grabbed violet and louis' hands and held her breath. the two held theirs too as clem poked her head out and talked to lily. tenn came out of hiding because lily had told him he could see minerva and sophie. after tenn had been held at gun point mitch went to go attack lily, all hell broke loose. everyone ran into the main hall and dashed upstairs. willy's log smushed a raider and clem crushed one with a couch but after that sunny lost track of clem. her and louis ran down stairs right as lily was holding clem at gun point. louis ran at lily and tackled her. sunny screamed as lily pulled louis away. clem had one shot, louis or violet. sunny was horrified as her lover was being drug away.

"CLEMENTINE!!!! SAVE LOUIS!!" Sunny yelled. Clem took a breath in a shot an arrow. piercing lily in the shoulder as she let louis go and violet was hauled off. Louis ran over to sunny and clem. Sunny jumped into louis' arms and kissed him all over his face. she hugged him and didn't let go.

"vi..i never thought that anyone would get her" lou said. sunny looked down.

"we'll get her back" clem said.

"but how? we don't even know where the raiders are at" louis said.

"but we have someone who does" clem said turning around to abel. the group all looking at him.

Fin.

word count: 1446

A/N : this sucked balls but i'm somewhat proud of it!! well i'm almost done with this book and it's so crazy. i'm so happy that people are actually reading this book!! i love the bites and comments! i love you all.

Question: when do you start back school?
AOTD: August 6th, i'm already in