part 7: a break.

Your perspective.

I can't believe it. He said miss potts not miss l/n. What if he's seeing her again? I knew he didn't really love me. I'm so stupid. "Y/n what's wrong" Steve asks. I just burst into tears and tell him what happened. "Y/n he is't seeing pepper she broke his heart and you built it back up again he really does love you" he says. "Then why did he say Potts" I ask. "Because you remind him of when pepper still loved him" "and?" "And he loved that but he loves you more" he says. "Not enough to remember my own name" I say. I walk away.

Tony's perspective.

What have I done? I just ruined the best thing that's ever happened to me. "She hates you she's just like pepper she'll leave you for someone she really deserves" a voice whispered. "You are not worthy of her love,of her kindness you are an unlovable man who destroys anything he loves" it continues. "I know" I think to myself. "She hates me I'm a monster".

Your perspective.

I love Tony but he just thinks pepper is better for him I guess.

Time skip to 2 months later

Your perspective.

I've got a new job at hammer tech. It isn't great working for hammer but it isn't so bad. I miss Tony I moved back into my apartment. But I forgot somethings and I'm going to get them. "Jarvis?" I say as I enter. "Miss l/n you're back shall I inform mr stark" he says. "No j it's fine" I say. I go to my floor. "Y/n?" The avengers say. "I'm just here for some stuff" I say. "You guys were meant for each other can you find it in you to forgive him?" Nat asks. "He is a mess without you y/n" bucky says. "Yeah y/n he really misses you" Bruce says everyone nods. "Well he should have thought about that before he said potts" I say and walk into mine and Tony's shared bedroom. He was sat with a bottle of scotch in hand with red puffy eyes and surrounded by empty liquor bottles. It looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. "Tony?" I say. "Y/n?" He asks crying. "Y/n I'm so sorry I was so stupid please take me back I swear I'll fix it I haven't been able to sleep I've been getting my anxiety and PTSD back ever since you left please y/n I need you please" he says.   "Please" he says. "Anthony" I start. "No y/n please it's like we're back at square one" he says. "I just want one more chance please" he begs. "Fine tony but if you screw this up I'll skin ya" I say playfully. He hugs me and I hug back. "I missed you Anthony Edward Stark I love you" I say. "And I love you y/n m/n l/n".

Time skip 2 days.

It's been good having Tony and my old job back. I resigned from Hammer tech and left the apartment. Things are good Tony and the avengers are currently looking for any signs of the mandarin. Since there are rumours he's not actually dead. I'm just bringing down some more contracts for stark expo down to him. "Hi hon just need your impression" I say. "Well I think you look absolutely gorgeous and you are my dream woman" he says. "Tony. I need your fingerprint" I giggle. "Ok" he says and presses him finger on the ink pad. "Thanks sweetie" I say. "Your welcome baby girl" he says. I walk back upstairs and get halted by someone. "Don't make any noise you hear me" it says. I don't listen. "Jarvis alert everyone" I say. "Of course miss l/n" he says. "Y/n where are you!" They shout. "STAIRCASE!" I scream. They run to find me in the grips of the mandarin. He runs past them and throws me in the car. "I told you not to make noise" he says and knocks me out. I wake up in a stone room with no windows and one light hanging above me I had a tube in my arm hooked up to and iv bag that had glowing orange liquid in it. Extremis. "Well well well" he says. "Killian what do you want from me" I say. "Its not killian it's the mandarin" he says. "Stop giving me your bullshit and let me go" I say. "I will as soon as i do this" he releases the liquid into the tube. I scream in pain hot tears running down my face and my veins were glowing orange. "Either this will kill you or if you're strong enough which I think you are your body will absorb the power" he says. I start to blackout when I hear a crash. "Tony?" I whimper. "It's me baby" he says. He rips out the iv and we fly through the roof. I wake up in a hospital room my veins still glowing I get up. I felt anger coursing through me. I didn't have a reason except I wanted killian dead I wanted to murder him. I look in the mirror in the hall of the tower and look at myself and see my eyes are glowing red and my veins glowing orange. "He made me a monster I'll kill that son of a bitch" I say as I open up my hand and see a ball of fire. I start to levitate extremis has never done this to a person ( like wanda). I look again and see my hair is floating. I see a figure behind me. "Y/n?" He says it was Tony. "What happened here" he asks. "I'm going to find him Tony" I say. "Find who.killian? he's dead now I killed him" he says. "You thought that last time and look at me I'm a monster he made me this way and I will kill him for it he will die" I say. "He already has do you want me to take away the effects?" He asks. "Yes" I say. "Then lets go" he says. He lies me on a bed and Bruce is there. "Okay this might hurt" bruce says. He starts and I feel energy and power flow to the spot where he tries to remove it he flies back. "I didn't do that on purpose" I say. "It's fine we'll try again" tony says and the same thing happen. "Sir I did a scan on her and this extremis will not leave her it can be controlled but she will now have these powers" Jarvis says.