part 19: if you're ready

Your pov.

"Okay we've sung now..." "and got you to sing cap" I say jokingly. "Yeah Yeah you all got you're laughs let's get to work" "well we know where we're going but..." "who's going where?" I ask. "I can go to morag I know it best" nebula says. We all agree. "I'll go to asgard" thor says. "I'll go to new york" tony says. "I'll go for the ancient one" Bruce says. "I'll head to vormir" I say everyone goes silent. "Well someone has to go and I'm willing" "no y/n you are coming to new York with me and Steve and scott I won't let you die" tony says. "No tony I am going" "I'll go" nat pipes up. "Me too" clint adds. "Great happy tony?" I ask. He grumbles. "Tony I don't want you to be mad at me if we're leaving please" he kisses me with tears in his eyes. "Please please please be careful" he begs. "I promise I will be" I kiss him again. "Alright alright you forgot we're still here" scott starts ranting. "Scott shut up" nat says calmly I laugh. "Let's get this show on the road?" I ask. Cap nods and we all grab our suits. "This could be the last time we ever see each other. It's going to be the fight of our lives and this time. We're going to win. Last time we lost. We lost friends,family and a part of ourselves. But today we're going to get them all back. No mistakes and no do overs. You all know we're you're going and you're targets. Some of us have been to our places before but that doesn't mean we should know what to expect so be on alert. Good luck and I'll see you on the other side" "wow she's good at that" rocket says. "Right!" Tony,steve,scott and bruce says in synch. I laugh. We hop onto the plate and head of. Me,nat,rhodes,clint and nebula end up on vormir. "Are you going to be alright rhodey?" I ask. "Y/n I'll be fine" "okay I'll see you soon Rhodes" "bye y/n" he heads off with nebula and we get on the ship. I hope rhodey will be okay. He's one of my best friends. We start up the ship and fly off to vormir. "Reminds me of Budapest" nat says. "you and I remember Budapest very differently" clint replies. They talk for a while. "Y/n you're being uncharacteristically non sarcastic what's up?" "I'm worried about everyone" I say. "Hey it's fine we're the avengers it's what we do" clint says. "I know but that isn't how it played out last time" "lightning doesn't strike the same place twice" nat says. "But it can strike close by" we get to the planet. "Wow" I say in awe of the place. "If there were different circumstances then this would be amazing" clint says as we land. We see the mountain and start climbing. We get to the top to see...red skull?! Captain America's archenemy. "Natasha daughter of ivan, clint son of edith, y/n daughter of y/d/n (your dad's name) welcome" "who are you?" Nat asks. "Consider me a guide. To you, and to all who seek the Soul Stone" "you're red skull. Steve Rogers ring any bells?" I ask. "Indeed" he says seemingly calm. "Oh good. You tell us where it is. Then we'll be on our way" nat says  "Ah, liebchen... If only it were that easy" he leads us to a cliff. "What you seek lies in front of you......as does what you fear" "the stone is down there?" Nat asks. "For two of you Yes. For the other... In order to take the stone, you must lose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul, for a soul" "wait a minute you want one of us to jump off a cliff?"clint asks. "No. One of us needs to. And I know who its going to be..." "y/n we are not going to do this" "what happened to whatever it takes guys?! Huh? What just showed up? Because I am willing to do whatever it takes..." I sigh. "I'll jump" I say. "Ha no you won't I'm not letting you do that" clint says. "You've got three kids and a wife" I say. "And you've got one kid and a husband" "And you've got another one coming back if we get the stones" "Peter's not my kid" "but he's like family and so is wanda" nat argues. It's true ever since Ultron me and wanda grew closer. "That's beside the point..." "if you died the whole team would be in shambles everyone and I mean everyone would be devastated" clint says. "And they wouldn't if you did?" I ask. "Because I know they would feel the exact same way about either of you" "no they wouldn't. Y/n you can inspire the most downtrend of people I mean look at what you did with thor, with wanda you got her to join the team, you got bucky out of his state"

Flash back.

"Bucky!" I shout. We're on top of the compound and I'm chasing after a super soldier great just great. "I know that you don't know who I am  ht you have to listen to me. I know you're friend steve" he looks back at me. "And any friend of steve is a friend who mine. Please bucky you need to come back" he starts running again. "Because I'm with you till the end of the line!" He turns around. "W...w...where did you learn that!" "From steve. I just want to help you bucky please!" He starts walks back towards me.

Present day.

"And?" "And what?! Y/n the team needs you. You hold them together they need you. Morgan needs you and tony needs you" "I'm not letting either of you two do it" nat says. "No way nat!" I shout. "Please" "no nat. I'm not letting you jump of that cliff" I sigh. "I've lived my life. I've got no regrets if I were to die. I wouldn't mind dying now but think about it would you be?" "I don't care about that about any of it" "nat" I put my hand on her shoulder. "I'm ready to go"