chapter 7: done with this

Archie's POV

Day #3

I woke up to the sound of Veronica and Her parents yelling. I got out of  bed and walked down the hall to see what was going on.

"You want me to marry him because YOU get money out of the deal!" Veronica yelled

"Fred and I had a deal, thirty million dollars is alot of money and I wanted to keep that money in the family"

Hiram said trying to convince Veronica it was for her own good

I decided to stay out of it, so I headed back to my room and tried to go back to sleep, but then I heard Veronica storming down the hallway crying.

I chose to ignore it because this was between her and her dad, then i texted Jughead

A- "what's up bro"

J- "nothin, just waiting for my dad to  get out of a meeting"

A- "hey is it okay if I come to your place later?"

Honestly, I needed a break from everything that was going on. I have been focused on the wedding these past few days I needed someone to talk to.

J- "yeah sure, everything alright?"

A- "yeah, I just need someone to talk to"

A- "is 6:00 okay?"

J- "yeah bro see you then"

A- "cya"

I got ready for the day and went to get some lunch, I sat down with Veronica and her parents, my dad was there too. My mom was in Chicago for a few weeks.

"Morning sleepyhead" my dad laughed

"Morning dad"

The cooks then brought out our food, we all talked for a bit but Veronica stayed quiet. The Lodges would be  heading back to riverdale in a few days so it would just be my dad, Veronica and I.

Veronicas POV

Archie went to his friends house, my parents and Fred went to the mall for a few hours so it was just me.

I then got a call from Betty.

"Hey vee"

"Hey bee" I yawned

"Is everything okay? She asked sounding concerned

"No not really, I'm fighting with my dad, my parents are fighting and I'm really overwhelmed to be honest." I cried

"Oh Vee, I wish I were there with you"

Betty cheered me up and we talked on the phone for hours. We ended the call and I took a long shower and thought about what my life is going to be like in 3 months from now.

Then I heard a knock.

It was Archie.

"Hey, I got you something" he said, handing me a fancy gift box

He then walked out of my room, closing the door on his way out

I slowly opened the box, there was alot of tissue paper, which I started throwing because I was so curious of what was inside.

There was a little box, I opened it and inside there was a beautiful pearl bracelet.

He must've seen my pearl necklace and got me the matching bracelet.

I put it on, then with it I put on the necklace.

Archie must've heard me crying earlier and felt bad.

I took the bracelet off and put it in my jewelry box that way it's safe.

I put my robe on and headed to Archie's room. I knocked on the door and I got an immediate response.

A- "Come in"

V- "hey, thank you"

A-" for what?"

V- "everything"

A- "no problem"

V-"Goodnight Archekins"

A-"goodnight"

To be continued