chapter 30: funeral

Archie's POV

"Archie are you almost ready?" I heard my wife calling from the other room

"Just about" I yelled back

I looked in the mirror, fixing my tie and combing my hair a bit. Today was dad's funeral, it's been a week since he died. I've been trying to stay strong for Veronica and My mom, it's been hard though.

V- "My parents are on there way to pick us up"

A- "Okay.."

V- "Archie you know I love you. If you anything I'll be there, it's okay to be sad."

A- "Veronica I'm fine. I need to stay strong for my mom, dad would want me to"

Soon Veronica's parents came and we got in the car and started driving to the funeral home

Hi- "We're sorry for your loss Archie, remember we're always here if you need anything"

A- "Thank you Mr Lodge, I know you and my dad were close"

We got to the funeral home at the same time Betty and Jugheads family did

J- "Hey Archie how are you holding up?" Jug asked put a hand on my shoulder

A- "I've been better, it's hard because I never thought I'd have to say goodbye so soon"

B- "Your dad was a great guy Arch"

A- "I know he was, I'm going to go check on my mom. Thanks guys"

I went over to my mom, she was greeting people at the door. Alot of my family was here. The news was outside because my dad was the richest man in New York.

M- "Hey Archie, how are you doing?" My mom said comforting me

A- "I've been better. How are you?"

M- "It's a hard day for everyone, but don't worry about me."

A- "I love you mom" I said pulling her into a caring hug

M- "I love you. I'm so proud of you son"

I went over to Veronica, who was visiting his casket and saying sweet words with Betty

V- "Rest easy Mr A" she cried, Betty was crying too

A- "Shh it's okay" I said comforting both

My mom was speaking soon so we all sat down. Shortly after my mom went up to the podium to say her speech

M- "Thank you all for coming. These last week has been hard for all of us and we appreciate the love and support. I want to start off by telling you about Fred. He was the most kind hearted, selfless, caring man I've ever met. He was an amazing father, husband, son, friend. He raised our son to do his best, and now look at the man Archie's become"

She stepped down from the podium / stage and it was my turn to talk

A- "My dad taught me everything I know. How to ride my first bike, how to tie my shoes, how to drive a car, but most importantly he taught me how to treat others. He gave me everything, he was the father every kid dreams of having. I love you dad, one day we'll reunite. Thank you all for coming my dad would be so happy."

I stepped down, I probably looked like a fool crying up there but I didn't care

V- "You did amazing, I'm so proud of you"

After people said there speeches, i went to the casket and said a few words, then we went to the graveyard where my dad will be buried.

It's in a private one though, since my dad is a very famous man.

News reporters were reporting it live all day with my moms permission

Cheryl started to sing, and we watched as my dad would be put in the ground forever.

V- "I'm so proud of you" she whispered

A- "I'm proud of everyone"

When this part was over, my mom hosted a dinner reception at their house.

After that me and Veronica went home, laying in bed. I couldn't stop thinking about today but I know my dad would want to be strong. At the end of the day, I learned alot. I have never had to bury a family member before so it taught me to be even closer to the ones I love.

A- "Veronica"

V- "Hm?"

A- "I love you"

V- "I love you too"

I kissed her and then picked up Vegas

A- "I love you too"

To be continued..

Sorry this chapter sucks, I've never been to a funeral before. I might make a book two where it's in the future.