Chapter 8

Is this what death is like? Probably not given the fact that I can still feel my limbs. But why can't I move or see anything? My panic attack was pretty strong, my body most likely needs time to recuperate. Is...Is that singing I hear?

Then I got you off your knees, put you right back on your feet, just so you could take advantage of me. Tell me how it feels, sitting way up there...

The singer is a girl and singing...it sounds so familiar. Right! It's Without me by Halsey! Ok focus Lux! That's actually ironic given the fact she is technically without me right now. Haha! Now, I can't do anything. I really want to move or something, talk to this person. They sound really familiar too.

It's Celine!! How do I get her attention? Maybe I should focus only on moving one part of my body. But what? Has to something small because big would be hard to move the way it is...a finger! OK, I can do this, just focus on the right pointer finger. Come on Lux! The singing continues as I keep trying really hard to move my finger. After fighting what felt like a never ending wall of nothing there was a feeling of soft leaving my...finger? Oh my god!! I just moved my finger!! Celine stopped singing as I heard rustling, then I felt a body sit down next to me on my left. I must be on a bed. These blankets are really soft!

"Lux? I think you're awake, I really hope you are. I can't believe I brought you into this mess, I am so so sorry! Please wake up. The thought of me having a part of your horrible panic attack makes me feel so guilty. I'm so sorry you had to witness, go through, and feel everything you have since you've met me." Through her explanation I not only heard but could feel the sadness leaking through her words. While she talked I started to feel as though my body was gradually reintroducing itself to the word and environment. After some time I felt more open to moving and seeing my surroundings. That is exactly what I did, I opened my eyes and argued my side of the story.

I looked straight to Celine not noticing my surroundings quite yet, "This, is not your fault. Not in the slightest. It's just what happened and I do not blame you at all." Once I finished Celine gave me the biggest hug this smaller girl could give as far as I was concerned, which made me very happy and honored. "It's ok Celine, I'm fine now. But I'm so very confused, where am I?"

Peering around the space I observe what I assume to be the area I know call home? You would think that when captured the space they give to live in is dark, gross, and scary. This room is the complete opposite-light, beautiful, and elegant. The walls are a faint grey that nicely bounces off the natural lighting that comes from the balcony to my left along the wall where the bed is set up. It takes up most of the far left wall for the slide door opening. Most would think that the grey could make the room less bright and vibrant, but given the whole room together it's so...tasteful. Grey walls with white trim and black framed pictures accentuate the white balcony, glass doors, and sunlight streaming through the window above the bed as well. Lighter brown wood floors hold two nightstands on each side of the bed, they're both a darker grey than the walls but not quite black either; each one has a lamp. The bed spread is a shimmering gold comforter, tan sheets with gold and tan fluffy pillows. A tan one is holding my head, it's so supporting and comforting I never want to leave. There is a white desk next to the balcony opening, it's across the room next to a door. A laptop is on top the desk. Why would captors give me internet and a way of communication?? Not to mention make me comfortable? There is also a dark wood bookcase in the far corner which is next to another door but a couple of feet away form that one is yet another door. I have no clue where the three doors lead to, but I assume one or the other leads to a bathroom or a closet and another out of the room. In the middle of the room are two black leather chairs and a smaller glass table atop a white circle, but very fluffy looking carpet. What looks like a hand carved dresser; that is unbelievably beautiful; is against the wall opposite of the bed. It holds empty frames, a jewelry box, brush, etc. it looks big enough to hold a lot of my clothes at home...home, I wonder if mom and Trace are ok...There's a moderately sized TV above the dresser too. At the end of the bed is one of those fancy sitting benches, it appears cushioned and is white leather.