To Kiss or not To Kiss

bang!" i hear a shot being fired and look around in fright. There's a huge commotion, people are running here and there, bumping into each other. I stand still, too frightened to move when a bodyguard grabs my arm and pulls me away.

"Ma'am you gotta come with me" he says leading me to the staging area. I follow him mindlessly still wondering what the commotion was all about, who shot whom and why. As we reached the staging area the big guard opened a small dingy room that looked like a storeroom. It was very dimly lit with only one yellow bulb near the door and the rest of the room was completely dark. The guard pushed me in and locked the door from outside. I stayed close to the door, under the dim light trying hard to listen to what was going on outside. I could hear people screaming at the top of their voices for help, shots being fired and then a sudden silence. I was now terrified. I started shivering and tried to keep myself stable by holding on to the handle of the door.

"Hi" i heard a soft high pitch voice behind me. I jumped in fright.

"Oh shit!" i said looking into the darkness, suddenly recognizing unique high pitched melodious voice. Since a teenager I'd heard that voice on radio, t.v and all of my favourite albums. But could it be true? Could i really be locked in a storeroom with......Michael Joseph Jackson!

"I didn't mean to scare you" he said chuckling and coming into the light.

Time stopped as the lean figure moved forward from darkness to light.

I unblinkingly looked up from the black loafers to the white socks to the ankle length pants, the military jacket that hugged his thin frame so beautifully, the petite waist, the golden buttons and the wide cuffs, the delicate neck that i had drea...

I unblinkingly looked up from the black loafers to the white socks to the ankle length pants, the military jacket that hugged his thin frame so beautifully, the petite waist, the golden buttons and the wide cuffs, the delicate neck that i had dreamed of kissing all my teenage life, those gorgeous pink lips....wait why is he smirking?

"Like what you see?" he asked his lips curving into a smile

"I wasn't staring" i reply blushing wildly and hiding my face in my hands.

He gently took my palms and pulled them away from my face. "It's my turn to see you now" he said staring into my eyes.

"You're beautiful"

"Thanks. By the way I think we're going to be stuck in here for some time. What do we do?"

*what in the word girl! Michael Jackson just said you're beautiful and you're gonna divert the conversation to some casual talk. Girl you've dreamed of this man every single day of your waking life. Take his face into your hands and kiss him like there's no tomorrow*

"I don't know, at least i have a beautiful girl to keep me company" he smiled shyly

"hehe" i chuckled and he looked at me slightly confused

*seriously! He called you beautiful for the second time. God doesn't give such chances to everyone. Don't let it go. There's no one around anyways. Even if he doesn't kiss you back its ok. Nobody will know. For heaven's sake JUST KISS HIM*

I lean in closer to Michael as he looks into the darkness. My hand is inches away from his and i get an urge to caress my fingers against his but I suddenly stop as he turns around surprised at how close i was standing to him

*see you've ruined everything. Now he'll just think that you're some obsessed creepy girl*

"Um... the light was falling directly into my eyes so i moved in a bit. Hope you don't mind" I said shyly looking down fidgeting with the hem of my blouse, my face red like the little riding hood's coat

"Not at all" he said lifting my chin up with his slender delicate finger. The feel of his soft cold finger on my face sent shivers down my spine. I felt my body pleading for his touch. He was so close.

*Please... Please... just kiss him now. The guards will come anytime and then never in your life again will you have a chance to be so close to Michael. Kiss him and tell him how much he means to you. Take a chance... just take it*

I gather all my courage and stare directly into his brown doe like eyes, his right hand still on my face, his thumb caressing my jaw.

*I'm going to do it. No matter what happens later, i would have kissed Michael Jackson whom i have loved and adored all my life and that's all that matters*

I slowly lean forward and rise on my toes to reach his face.

"Thud!" the door slams open and we both break our gaze and turn around in shock.

"It's safe to come out sir! Your car's waiting at the gate. Please follow me."
Michael turns towards the door and I watch him slowly walk out and fade away. My heart sinks and tears well up in my eyes. *he's gone...forever*
I look down at my feet and write 'I love you Michael' on the brown dusty floor with the edge of my pointed toe shoe.

Suddenly i see a pair of black loafers standing on top of the writing. I look up and see Michael. My heart skips a beat

"I forgot my fedora" he said giggling and went into the dark end of the room.

*this is your last chance. Girl you're going to regret not doing this for the rest of your life. Kiss him!*

"Oh! Did you find it?" i ask feebly with a smile.

"Yup, got it" he said coming back into the light.

"I have to go now. Bye, it was nice meeting you"

"It was nice meeting you too Michael" i replied softly, standing motionless with my eyes shut closed because I knew i didn't have the courage to kiss him and i couldn't see him go away forever again.

*just kiss him...please...please...once....* my inner voice now feebly begged but was broken as i felt soft lips against mine. I opened my eyes wide with surprise and stared directly into Michael's. He continued kissing me and i kissed him back, our lips moving in unison. He licked my lower lip and I opened my mouth and sucked his tongue in. He breathed into me, i into him and he slid his hands from the top of my back all the way to the back pocket of my jeans and put his hands into my pockets and pushed me closer to him while I locked my hands around his neck, my fingers fidgeting with his curly hair. We continued kissing till we were both breathless and had to break the kiss.

"I have to go" he said turning around and scampering out of the room.
I watched him go again, but this time my heart was leaping for joy. I was still in the trance of that magical kiss. I moaned softly and sat down, happy that i had kissed Michael but sad that i would never meet him again.

As i sat down i felt something bumpy in my back pocket... it was a piece of crumbled paper with some number written on it. I turned it around

"i wanted to kiss you the minute I laid my eyes on you. My inner voice kept telling me to take the chance so I couldn't let it go. Hope you didn't mind.
That's my number. Call me! -Love Applehead"

*Michael no girl in this universe would mind you kissing her!*